forum

cant upload beat map but i meet requirements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CooI
yes the title is litterally what it is i cant upload my beat map :|
bummer huh but all jokes aside so it says " ur video and song is to fat and says i have 19.280kb
and i have a video that takes 15.00MB and audio that takes 2.82MB and i still cant post so like idk what to do btw my discord is raisu#3607
Zelzatter Zero
How much have you mapped?

If you haven't mapped to the song's full length you can put any object at the end of the map to bypass whatever the upload limit you're having rn.

Else check the resolution of your video. It shouldn't be higher than 720p.
Topic Starter
CooI

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

How much have you mapped?

If you haven't mapped to the song's full length you can put any object at the end of the map to bypass whatever the upload limit you're having rn.

Else check the resolution of your video. It shouldn't be higher than 720p.

my b wym by add anything like a note? because i kinda do have like some extra space inna song unless i can shorten it down or do u mean like a bookmark or sum
Zelzatter Zero
By object I mean any circle/slider/spinner, put it at the end of the map.

Upload limit is relative to how much you have mapped to the song's length (+10MB for each minute). Breaks count towards that as well. The whole point is to trick the game into thinking you have mapped several minutes of the song, and the easiest way to do it if you have not finished the map yet, is to add a break for the rest of the song, which means putting any object at the end of the map.
Topic Starter
CooI

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

By object I mean any circle/slider/spinner, put it at the end of the map.

Upload limit is relative to how much you have mapped to the song's length (+10MB for each minute). Breaks count towards that as well. The whole point is to trick the game into thinking you have mapped several minutes of the song, and the easiest way to do it if you have not finished the map yet, is to add a break for the rest of the song, which means putting any object at the end of the map.
if it doesnt bother u could u hit up my discord and show me what u mean cuz if i do that it just plays the rest of the unwanted gameplay yknow so like if u can dm me?? raisu#3607 would madly appreciate it ive been working on it for some time now ;-;
Kinmiri
Blushing
Place a note at the beginning of the sound of the song:

and then place a note at the very end of the song.

Zelzatter Zero
Let's redo everything again.

How long is the song? Where does the last object in your map at right now?
Topic Starter
CooI

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Let's redo everything again.

How long is the song? Where does the last object in your map at right now?
has a 2:03-minute length and 25% is an outro for some kids yt video so im tryna find a way to get rid of it or shorten it out but in other words i can keep it in there and publish it so it can be like the you when it shows you ur rank and everything
Zelzatter Zero
is there any audio track in your video? If so, remove the audio track.

which kind of quality is the video in? If it's higher than 720p then resize it down to 720p.

If you're not sure, you can just refer to this page: wiki/en/Guides/Compressing_files#video to do both. The Handbrake method should be enough for an average user.
Topic Starter
CooI

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

is there any audio track in your video? If so, remove the audio track.

which kind of quality is the video in? If it's higher than 720p then resize it down to 720p.

If you're not sure, you can just refer to this page: wiki/en/Guides/Compressing_files#video to do both. The Handbrake method should be enough for an average user.
so like idk what u mean by audio track but it is like 360p and idek how i cant upload it...
Indomi-chan
do you even use Windows 10
Zelzatter Zero

igoby_bananaman wrote:

so like idk what u mean by audio track
So you know the sound that usualy plays along with the video right? That's the audio track I'm talking about.

The point here is to remove that to reduce filesize, since it's pointless to have sound in your video when you already have the original audio file that overwrites it anyways.
Topic Starter
CooI

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

igoby_bananaman wrote:

so like idk what u mean by audio track
So you know the sound that usualy plays along with the video right? That's the audio track I'm talking about.

The point here is to remove that to reduce filesize, since it's pointless to have sound in your video when you already have the original audio file that overwrites it anyways.
my b how do u do that if u started with the song yknow