forum

why osu crashes when i use some skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
noahrdo
i have some skins i really like but when i open a map the game just crashes and i have to reopen it and change the skin, sometimes it's a bit frustrating, i just want to know if there is a solution or i just don't have to use that skin lol
Redo_
Perhaps the skins have animated elements? People do not know how to optimize animations so performance may get hit. Most common in the skins a bit bigger than 100mb. But the crashes could happen for a multitude of reasons. Assuming you're on windows 10, you could open Event Viewer on the Windows Logs > Application tab, and replicate the crash to see if any errors show up there.
Topic Starter
noahrdo

Redo_ wrote:

Perhaps the skins have animated elements? People do not know how to optimize animations so performance may get hit. Most common in the skins a bit bigger than 100mb. But the crashes could happen for a multitude of reasons. Assuming you're on windows 10, you could open Event Viewer on the Windows Logs > Application tab, and replicate the crash to see if any errors show up there.
the skin only have animations in the skip button, but it crashes in every map no matter if you have to skip or not :/
Redo_
Try removing them and see if it helps.