forum

[Archived] Osu beatmaps are downloading VERY SLOW, 5 mins for a 7mb map? Absurd

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YuviM
Problem details:Hi, I've been struggling with this problem for over an hour now, I've run speed tests, used other sites (Youtube, Netflix etc) and my internet is fine, my download speed is 150 mbps if that is helpful, no idea why it only happens beatmaps section of osu.ppy.sh, playing multiplayer lobbies has been very annoying and difficult. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/818534324311425074-1059880500765929472-image.png
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/818534324311425074-1059880434210713692-image.png

osu! version: Stable 20230101.2 (latest)
Death
In your post you mention having only started to experience this issue in the past few hours. If that's the case, maybe it'll resolve itself given enough time. It's been 8 hours since your post, so maybe it's already fixed?

If not, I know some other people from India not too long ago were having trouble even accessing the osu! website at all. Some sort of routing issue probably, and I believe they mentioned that changing their DNS server fixed the issue. Changing your DNS server probably shouldn't change your download speed at all, but maybe it's worth a shot anyway Here is a guide if that's something you are interested in trying.
Topic Starter
YuviM

Death wrote:

In your post you mention having only started to experience this issue in the past few hours. If that's the case, maybe it'll resolve itself given enough time. It's been 8 hours since your post, so maybe it's already fixed?

If not, I know some other people from India not too long ago were having trouble even accessing the osu! website at all. Some sort of routing issue probably, and I believe they mentioned that changing their DNS server fixed the issue. Changing your DNS server probably shouldn't change your download speed at all, but maybe it's worth a shot anyway Here is a guide if that's something you are interested in trying.
I'll try that, thanks for help.