forum

[Archived] My tablet is stuck in full area

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Kappy
I'm a new player that's just starting to use tablet. As of right now I am using the Wacom CTL-490 and the problem I'm having is a full area/portrait problem where it won't let me use the portrait mode and I am stuck using full area. Originally, it worked, I installed the driver that lets me change the area of the tablet and I could change and apply the area I wanted which worked on osu! too, but it changed when I installed the Wacom center. The reason I installed it was to turn off clicks when I played on osu! so I could drag without it clicking and I could use both keys however once I installed it and restarted my computer then applied the settings, my portrait no longer worked and I was on full area again. Of course, I went through the same process where I would choose my area then apply however instead of applying it, it kept it in full area and kept flickering between the full area and portrait, essentially making anything I do on tablet impossible. The only time it doesn't actually flicker when using tablet is when it's full area but I would really prefer not to use full area and it's much more taxing than a smaller space. I believe it would be the computer reset which messed it up because the cursor still flickered even after I reset the settings in the Wacom center to normal. I tried deleting the driver files/application then re-extracting them but it was also the same outcome. One more thing which I'm not sure will be relevant is it fixes itself for a very brief amount of time if I unplug and re-plug my tablet but the moment I open osu! it just goes back to full area. I'm lost and don't know what else to do but I am re-downloading the driver and extracting it so if that works, I will delete the post but if not I will come back here and change the post so this sentence never existed. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Is it because I have the Wacom center? In a video I am watching, it says I need to get rid of any old/other drivers but I'm not sure if it counts as a driver.

Update - Last night I factory reset my whole computer, went through the process of installing everything again and it still hasn't changed anything. I decided to look at what was going wrong in the actual driver and I found that there was a warning saying "[Device:Warning] Failed to set device feature: 02-02" and I am completely stuck on what to do. I no longer have Wacom center but it still doesn't do anything.

Another update - I found I had another tablet which is the Wacom CTE-450 and it works completely fine but I definitely prefer the CTL-490. For now I will be using the 450 because it actually works but I'll be switching back as soon as the other is fixed (if it ever gets fixed).
AXE4JUS
hello!!! First of all, you can disable your mouse buttons in-game with F10, so you don't have to disable it in the tablet software. Just to be sure, aren´t you playing osu lazer? Did you try using the software with your CTL-490 on another app, like chrome, if it does work means the problem may be osu! :(
-Fly
Hi! I have the same tablet as you but I suggest to use other tablet driver for osu! like OpenTabletDriver or hawku Tablet Driver. Using the Wacom drivers have such problems in old tablets like the one you're encountering and there's a noticeable latency when using it to play. Like AXE4JUS' suggestion, you can disable mouse buttons during gameplay by using F10 so you wouldn't rely on the software for tablet to disable mouse buttons