forum

[Archived] Can't log in the game client.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BoofMonke
Problem details: When i go to log in, it actually doesnt log in but just keeps spinning a loading circle.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://boofi.bitches.io/‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‌‍‍‍​‍‌⁠‌‍‌?k=XWhn9lTOapekalQW

osu! version: It doesnt matter if its stable or cutting edge, still happens.

I've tried using a VPN to log in, still no dice.

Unrelated: When using my tablet, my cursor is stuck in like a square on my screen, which happens only when my mouse sensitivity is under 1 and raw input is on?
Death
Get onto Cutting Edge (in case you happened to switch back to Stable), try logging in, leave it for a bit, and then post the "network.log" file from the Logs folder in your osu! installation directory. Also, please just post the contents of the file directly here or choose a different file sharing service, the one in your original post has the be one of the shadiest domains I've seen posted here.

BoofMonke wrote:

Unrelated: When using my tablet, my cursor is stuck in like a square on my screen, which happens only when my mouse sensitivity is under 1 and raw input is on?
This is normal. If you want to decrease the sensitivity of your tablet, you can try increasing the area in its drivers.
Topic Starter
BoofMonke
Okay so the logging in issue i fixed by installing osu again but into appdata again.

(Sorry for the domain, its just one of the many domains https://horizon.pics has to offer (It randomly gives you one upon uploading a file).

As for the Tablet, i dont think its normal.

My tablet area is how i want it to be, but when i lower my sensitivity in osu, it gets restricted into a square on my screen and i cant for example press play or any of the stuff on the top & bottom of my screen (Attached a vid)

https://cdn.horizon.pics/Q4wsXQAHTR.mp4?k=fWJFKsh02stUKRFd

This doesn't happen when im alt tabbed out of the game. The game kind of clips my cursor when i get too close to the border
Death
I'm suggesting that instead of considering your tablet are as "how you want it to be", you change it instead of changing your in-game sensitivity.

Think about it for a second, tablets do not have "sensitivity" in the classical sense. The thing that determines a tablet's "sensitivity" is how far you need to move your pen for your cursor to travel a particular distance on screen. If you lower your sensitivity, you need to move your pen further for your cursor to travel the same distance. That is not physically possible if your active area is being restricted by your driver settings.
Topic Starter
BoofMonke
Its not being restricted by my driver settings brah, im telling you this doesnt happen when im out of the game.

It just popped up after i reinstalled windows. It never happened before even with a super low sensitivity
Death
It's not happening outside the game because you are lowering the sensitivity in osu!'s settings. You can't move your cursor outside the bounds of your area. Lowering your sensitivity forces you to do that. Not sure how to explain it better.

Maybe you used to use your tablet in "Mouse mode" before reinstalling Windows or something, but that is how it works in "Pen mode" or "Absolute mode" as some drivers call it.