Easy
14.29%
Normal
85.71%
Total votes: 7
Topic Starter
Nekatz
Beatmap: beatmapsets/1914652#osu/3949989

I decided to map "Vstrechayte na stsene". I started with the difficulty "easy", but I think I overdid the speed of some sliders so the beginning turned out to be a difficulty between "easy" and "normal". Tell me please, can such a beginning of the beatmap be considered "easy", or is it closer to "normal"?
powerplayer75
you dont need to shorten the link btw, just paste the link and the website will auto shorten
lewski
based on the rhythm it's gonna be a really simple Normal diff rather than an Easy, but it doesn't actually follow the guidelines for either of those levels so that kind of categorisation feels a bit pointless
Zelzatter Zero
That's a Normal. 1/2 rhythm is just too hard for an Easy unless the BPM is slow enough.

Also a note: Variable SV (slider velocity) may cause reading difficulties for new players. Either keep the SV consistent throughout or change SV according to each section of the song but with minimal difference.

You can refer to Ranking Criteria (osu! specific) to know what you should and shouldn't have for each difficulty. Feel free to ask if you don't get something tho.
nominomu
generally, easy maps are mostly 1/1 rhythms, with some slower 2/1 rhythms.
normal maps are also mostly 1/1 rhythms, but with some faster 1/2 rhythms. objects 1/2 of a beat apart usually overlap in normal difficulties