forum

Would single difficulty maps lesser than 2 minutes in drain time still be open to being ranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jayceko
Just curious, honestly!
WitherMite
as long as that difficulty is a normal or easier, yes
Ryu Sei
According to the ranking criteria, if the lowest difficulty of that mapset is Normal or lower, you can rank it.
bluirre
i doubt literally any bn would nominate this though
Ryu Sei
If it has the redeeming quality, why not?
iaport

bluirre wrote:

i doubt literally any bn would nominate this though
I think Taiko BNs would beg to differ: beatmapsets/1841040
MrMcMikey22
yeah a very stupid thing that the super hard diffs can't get ranked, because of the lower drain time, but then two super easy to make diffs that are under 30 seconds long can easily bypass in the ranking criteria if I'm being honest. -_-
lewski

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

yeah a very stupid thing that the super hard diffs can't get ranked, because of the lower drain time, but then two super easy to make diffs that are under 30 seconds long can easily bypass in the ranking criteria if I'm being honest. -_-
why?
Zelzatter Zero

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Could you give us your reason why allowing such things would benefit the game in any way?
WitherMite

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

easy to play doesn't necessarily mean easy to map. A difficult map less then a minute long really isn't that much harder to make than a good normal or hard that can stand on its own well enough for bn's to nom.

also nothing under 30 seconds is getting ranked

the point of the rule is that many more mappers want to make difficult maps than easy ones, but new players need the easier maps to learn the game, so on short maps where it wont take very much time to do, mappers have to make those easier maps to get the set ranked.
MrMcMikey22
Hmmm...I guess I have a completely different opinion <:/

Although I don't mind these easy 30 sec maps to get ranked, but it does kinda upset me that a difficult map that is like 2 minutes long and only has a diff. would rarely be in the ranked section i think...But wait what diffs can I do if the map has a drain time of 4 min. should there be like an insane diff. aaand a hard diff.?
lewski

Ranking criteria > Beatmap > Rules wrote:

If the drain time of each difficulty is...
  1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
  2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
  3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
its like this because there are only a handful mappers who actually give a rat's ass about low diffs so if you could just rank anything without a spread hardly any new sets would have accessible diffs and thus new players just would not be able to play new songs
MrMcMikey22

lewski wrote:

[quote="Ranking criteria > Beatmap > Rules"]If the drain time of each difficulty is...
  1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
  2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
  3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
thx for the info