forum

A question about wallpapers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slowpoke225
Is there some sort of thing about wallpapers or do I just slap a random anime girl in the background and call it a day?
[[[[[[
i think what you meant is the background?

if so: use a background that fits the song's mood or use the song's cover art (if there's a high quality ver of it exist)

if the background is too blurry you can use things like waifu2x to make the background higher in quality, as long as the aspect ratio doesn't violate the ranking criteria then its ok

also anime bg sucks
Ryu Sei
The background of your map should be correlated or fits with the song's general mood or genre. You can put random anime girl, and if it fits, it fits. No one can stop you from using any background as long as it fits, appropiate, and not breaking the rules.
Eni
There is nothing in the Ranking Criteria that prevents you from using an unrelated background. You are free to use whatever background you want, even if it doesn't "fit" the song.

Since backgrounds are the first thing people see, your choice influences the initial impression of your map (useful for getting your map nominated, increasing popularity, etc.).
qwt
use a background that fits the song

is not hard
SoulDrinker

Slowpoke225 wrote:

Is there some sort of thing about wallpapers or do I just slap a random anime girl in the background and call it a day?
You can use an online library. There are plenty of them.

Personally, I download from https://wallpapercosmos.com/studio-ghibli-wallpapers there and yes, call it a day! Haha :D

Every image can be your wallpaper for PC or a mobile phone. Or as a usual wallpaper on your own wall in real life. Especially if you have a good colourful printer.