forum

[duplicate] Beatmap video plays at the start screen

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Vitrified
I would like to request that a feature be implemented in a future version of osu!. This feature plays the video or shows the background of the beat map of the song you are listening to while you are at the title screen of osu!. With all the circles and sliders on beat maps, it makes it hard to enjoy the video in the background; with my requested feature osu! players can relax while listening to and watching their favorite songs on osu! and chatting with friends. Some other things that can be included (at the discretion of osu! programmers) are the little osu! circle in the title screen and an option to turn off the video/background play back at the title screen. The second thing is self explanatory but for the first thing (pink osu! circle) instead of getting rid of it completely perhaps it can be shrunk and put in one of the corners of the screen.

Please consider this feature! Thank you for taking the time to read this post. :)
Dexus
This would fall in line with background menu? if you're going that far add storyboards?
Topic Starter
Vitrified
Yes I guess it would. Well isnt the story board just the background of the beat map or is there more than that?
Dexus
well there's a thread asking for beatmap backgrounds to be used on the wallpaper. If that is implemented why not just use videos and storyboards? Eventually you could run random demo modes as well on the main menu that way the background isn't covered by the logo. Thinking in the other direction, I would think a dim would be used in order to make it subtle and not distracting from the osu! logo itself.

Essentially this is a duplicate thread.
Topic Starter
Vitrified
Oh sorry when I searched, I searched specifically for the video for the background.
deadbeat
demo while idle has been requested and denied.
changing background based on what song is playing has been requested