forum

I suffered from skill issue in js/hs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
And now I can only do chordjacks or anything with chords. I'm as bad as high 6-digit rankers now.

I require the way to relearn how the heck did I even clear masaka IN Nightmare or similar.

help i really need the book called "jumpstream for dummies" or practice js/hs maps. just dON'T give anything above 5★, not with my current skill issue
Stomiks
Here's jumpstream of fighters:

Vol. 2A
Vol. 2B
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
I failed on both easiest diff on each pack. help
Gamesnake7
Take it easy (also the numbers next to each difficulty names shows their real difficulty, lower = easier)
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
My fingers are dying even with HT, that's a real concern. But I can chordjack easily, HOW
pofnkul
don't tense sounds like trilling stamina issue

try to minimize movement and force by tapping lightly and making small trilling motion BUT avoid tensing at all costs
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
if this fails you know who to blame

wish me luck on the next, idk, 7 days?
Stomiks
It'd probably take more than that if you're trying to break a bad habit in my experience.
bananahira

Ryu Sei wrote:

And now I can only do chordjacks or anything with chords. I'm as bad as high 6-digit rankers now.

I require the way to relearn how the heck did I even clear masaka IN Nightmare or similar.

help i really need the book called "jumpstream for dummies" or practice js/hs maps. just dON'T give anything above 5★, not with my current skill issue
JS are my favorite skillset along with Stamina, so take my advice on them, HS are harder to learn, so get into Js first.
Stamina + Your reading technique will be all for you to train a good ratio on JS, so warm up your hands correctly before playing.

Play maps from Icyworld, start from 3* maps like Game Time or Still Blastin', then play slowly their harder stuff
- beatmapsets/1520437
- beatmapsets/1802773
- beatmapsets/1520413
then play maps by Nikosek
- beatmapsets/991895#mania/2074348
- beatmapsets/1070845
- beatmapsets/915929
- beatmapsets/903657
then play different JS mapping by Leo137
- beatmapsets/547215#mania/1159135
- beatmapsets/547197
- beatmapsets/796826
- beatmapsets/796825

train your JS stamina with these maps
- beatmapsets/934974
- (first diff) beatmapsets/1217695
- beatmapsets/1505724
- beatmapsets/1517419
- beatmapsets/827679

you can start to get rid from any bad acc habit by playing this as a warmup
- (only SC difficulty) beatmapsets/516517#mania/1097592

for stamina, train your lighttapping by tapping to deahtmetal battery solos (lol) on a hard surface as lighty as you can but hard enough to listen to your fingers, don't tense your hands and be both fisically and mentally relaxed, it can be hard sometimes, but try it.
don´t brute force any map, you´ll get a bad reading habit on it.
also, and PLz very Plz, do this for 10 minutes before playing any map
You can also warm up your eyes by watching old replays or mania youtube videos

My other advice is to also, set your scroll speed at 28 or 29.

the key to totally master JS´s, is to remember this sheet (specifically the JS pattern stuff) and it´s density, actually the reason why maps get their star rating on the game is because for density and jumptrill/split-trill inflation.

if you have any problem, dm me
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
that is quite an unexpectedly detail answer. thanks for the advice! i'll try skim through the post and slowly relearn what i was used to be
pofnkul
the most overly detailed for no reason answer
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
Any easier maps? I think I can clear this but this is either my skill issue or just me rusting too hard.
Gamesnake7
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
I think I can't read that fast. I definitely used to able to read on 30, but doing this on 27 feels too slow but doable either.
pofnkul
scroll speed is an entirely personal thing and you should do what's best for you
Kaaruumii

bananahira wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

JS are my favorite skillset along with Stamina, so take my advice on them, HS are harder to learn, so get into Js first.
Stamina + Your reading technique will be all for you to train a good ratio on JS, so warm up your hands correctly before playing.

Play maps from Icyworld, start from 3* maps like Game Time or Still Blastin', then play slowly their harder stuff
- beatmapsets/1520437
- beatmapsets/1802773
- beatmapsets/1520413
then play maps by Nikosek
- beatmapsets/991895#mania/2074348
- beatmapsets/1070845
- beatmapsets/915929
- beatmapsets/903657
then play different JS mapping by Leo137
- beatmapsets/547215#mania/1159135
- beatmapsets/547197
- beatmapsets/796826
- beatmapsets/796825

train your JS stamina with these maps
- beatmapsets/934974
- (first diff) beatmapsets/1217695
- beatmapsets/1505724
- beatmapsets/1517419
- beatmapsets/827679

you can start to get rid from any bad acc habit by playing this as a warmup
- (only SC difficulty) beatmapsets/516517#mania/1097592

for stamina, train your lighttapping by tapping to deahtmetal battery solos (lol) on a hard surface as lighty as you can but hard enough to listen to your fingers, don't tense your hands and be both fisically and mentally relaxed, it can be hard sometimes, but try it.
don´t brute force any map, you´ll get a bad reading habit on it.
also, and PLz very Plz, do this for 10 minutes before playing any map
You can also warm up your eyes by watching old replays or mania youtube videos

My other advice is to also, set your scroll speed at 28 or 29.

the key to totally master JS´s, is to remember this sheet (specifically the JS pattern stuff) and it´s density, actually the reason why maps get their star rating on the game is because for density and jumptrill/split-trill inflation.

if you have any problem, dm me
👑
togmea
weird how they suggested icyworld before nikosek, like isnt nikosek THE manip js mapper?
but it doesn't really matter at this stage, both provide you with the muscle memory and pattern recognition to start improving at js, tho icyworld throws you the full spectrum of patterns and is worth working on more in the future.
pofnkul
nikosek sucks for practice anyways cuz unless you know what you're doing you just end up jacking

also icy has like 3 really easy js maps
bananahira

Ryu Sei wrote:

Any easier maps? I think I can clear this but this is either my skill issue or just me rusting too hard.
keep playing it but don't brute force it or grind it over and over, i can show you how my old scores on JS went from horrible 81%s on acc to full 99.60%+ FC's

be patient plz

Ryu Sei wrote:

I think I can't read that fast. I definitely used to able to read on 30, but doing this on 27 feels too slow but doable either.
that's great, but try to avoid going just for passes, try your best to get upper acc than 94%.

also, by using a scroll speed to 28 or 29 is because the JS density can be read way better with a "slower" scroll speed, it topk me while to understant too because i used to play with 30 - 31.

as a plus, a slower scroll speed (the best in my opinion is 28 for 3* and 29 for 4.5* up to 6*) is because you trick your mind into believing that the map is slow.
pofnkul
pls stop recommending scroll speeds it's person and skin dependent
Stomiks

pofnkul wrote:

^
Kaaruumii

Stomiks wrote:

pofnkul wrote:

^
true, i didnt really read his first message but if i were to use bananahira's recommended scroll speed everything would be denser than i am
Gamesnake7
Link for jumpstream practice

(Be careful, some maps are harder than what their SR suggests)
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
now, can you guys stop complaining about scroll speed recommendation? if anything i'm should be the one who complained, yet i don't

Gamesnake7 wrote:

that's quite a lot, looking forward

i should've warmed up first, my bad
bananahira

Stomiks wrote:

It'd probably take more than that if you're trying to break a bad habit in my experience.

Gamesnake7 wrote:

Holy Shit angel Dust, btw im gonna uprate it lol
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
status update

I still suffered

I should've played in HT
bananahira

Ryu Sei wrote:

status update

I still suffered

I should've played in HT
send me a dm later, let's play together