forum

how to get used to mechanical keyboard (from laptop keyboard)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GrippinglyG
im having a hard time playing on mechanical keyboard for a while. When i switched to mechanical keyboard a few days ago i cant s my favorite maps that i play on my laptop keyboard. How to get used to it? Also the mech keyboard switches is brown switches. Thank you!
Arona
just give it more time, keep playing and eventually you'll get used to it. it can take a week or two to fully adjust to it.

laptop keys is also quite different from browns so i suggest you try to change your tapping technique that you think is comfortable when playing on new switches

anyway dont be discouraged, just keep playing
Kaaruumii
like the above guy just said, just play more it will be easier the more you play and it will take time to get back where you were
Stomiks
Play more
bananahira

GrippinglyG wrote:

im having a hard time playing on mechanical keyboard for a while. When i switched to mechanical keyboard a few days ago i cant s my favorite maps that i play on my laptop keyboard. How to get used to it? Also the mech keyboard switches is brown switches. Thank you!
get any red or gatheron yellow switches, tactile switches are lame for rythm games.
also play more
UltraBlack

bananahira wrote:

GrippinglyG wrote:

get any red or gatheron yellow switches, tactile switches are lame for rythm games.
also play more
Jakads, sillufangirl, jhlee, dressurf, windS (i believe) and me all use tactile switch saying that they are lame for rhythm games is stupid. Anyway, i also had a lot of problems switching from membrane to mechanical, and even today there are things that are way easier to do with membrane than with mechanical for me. Just keep playing and eventually you will get used to it there is no secret. Also a bit late but :v
rei et
brown switches are fine IMO, just play more, you'll get used with it in a few days
TheAngryNerd101
Just keep playing with it. You won't get used to something new over night.
Topic Starter
GrippinglyG
Thank you guys for answering. As of now im kinda getting used to it :D but when im playing some maps it starts chord splitting.