No
17.65%
Unsure
29.41%
Total votes: 17
Topic Starter
quila
Expert diff-specific rules state:

Every slider must have a clear and visible path of movement to follow from start to end. Sliders that overlap themselves without straightforward slider borders and sliders whose individual sections are unreadable cannot be used. A slider's end position must be clear under the assumption that a player has a skin which makes slider end circles fully transparent.
  1. The slider path is allowed to be ambiguous if the cursor can stay inside the slider's follow circle without any movement away from the slider head.
I think there should be another exception in expert diffs:

1. The slider path is allowed to be ambiguous if the movement the player needs to make is still clear
I hope this would allow sliders like this, where a 300 can be achieved if the player simply follows the path they anticipate, even if the actual path is different to give it a distorted and unstable feeling.
Okoayu
will take this into consideration for osu!diffspecific draft; there was kinda no discussion or consensus here though, but we'll talk about it at least
clayton
tbh the example in your post convinced me this probably isn't a good idea. sure, you will still get a 300 if you hit the "anticipated" path perfectly... but if you hit that path just "good enough" for a 300, the ambiguous parts may just barely be enough to throw you off and cause a break that imo feels unfair

obviously this all depends on stuff like, where the ticks are, where the end is, where and for how long there are ambiguous paths, etc, but I think this would allow sliders to become unreasonably complicated to read or decrease the follow leniency too much.