forum

[STD][50k-150k] MTS 1 [Player Regs closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI

This tournament is inspired by the Corsace Open system for Poolsize, Picks and Bans.
Since this is my first tournament, the teamsize is decreased.
  1. Rank range: 50k - 150k (by the end of registrations)
  2. Mode: 2v2, Teamsize 4 (minimum 2 players)
  3. ScoreV2 + NoFail will be enforced all the time.
  4. All players are required to be on the Discord Server until their team is eliminated!
  5. At the end of the Registration Phase, admins will do a screening of all players. If a player is found to be out of the rank range or have suspicious behaviors, they will be disqualified.
  6. After Qualifiers, the Top 32 Teams will qualify for the Double Elimination bracket stage. (Should there be more than 96 teams playing in qualifiers, Top 64 teams will qualify instead.)
  7. Grand Finals will feature a Bracket Reset, if the script makes it happen.
  8. All times mentioned during this tournament, are in the format UTC. (Refer to timeanddate.com if you want to convert it to your timezone.)
  9. Matches will be streamed according to the streamers availability. Goal is to stream every match from Semi Finals on. All matches that get streamed, will have a streamer assigned on the scheduling sheet.
  10. Tournament staff is allowed to participate as well. If they are a referee, they are not allowed to ref their own match / qualifier. Not allowed to participate are Host, Admins, Poolers and Playtesters / Replayers.

Registration Phase: December 30 - January 20
Screening: January 20 - January 22
Qualifiers: January 23 - January 29
Round of 32: January 30 - February 5 || Best of 9 / 1 Protect / 2 Bans
Round of 16: February 6 - February 12 || Best of 9 / 1 Protect / 2 Bans
Quarter Finals: February 13 - February 19 || Best of 11 / 1 Protect / 2 Bans
Semi Finals: February 20 - February 26 || Best of 11 / 1 Protect / 2 Bans
Finals: February 27 - March 5 || Best of 13 / 1 Protect / 3 Bans
Grand Finals: March 6 - March 12 || Best of 13 / 1 Protect / 3 Bans

Pools are generally released Sunday - Tuesday before the weekend.
Qualifier: ~★5.7 | 5 NM | 2 HD | 2 HR | 2 DT
Ro32: ___.~★5.3 | 6 NM | 3 HD | 3 HR | 4 DT | 3 FM | 1 TB
Ro16: ___.~★5.5 | 6 NM | 3 HD | 3 HR | 4 DT | 3 FM | 1 TB
QF: ______~★5.7 | 6 NM | 3 HD | 3 HR | 4 DT | 3 FM | 1 TB
SF: ______~★5.9 | 6 NM | 3 HD | 3 HR | 4 DT | 3 FM | 1 TB
F: ________~★6.1 | 6 NM | 3 HD | 3 HR | 4 DT | 3 FM | 1 TB
GF: ______~★6.3 | 6 NM | 3 HD | 3 HR | 4 DT | 3 FM | 1 TB

1. The first stage of the tournament are the Qualifiers.
  2. Teams sign up for any one of the lobbies shown on the Mainsheet.
  3. Should a team miss their lobby, they may choose a different lobby that still has space.
  4. If none of the lobbies work for your team, you may sign up for an extra lobby, at a time that suits you, in the designated discord channel. Please be aware that this option depends entirely on staff availability.
  5. During these lobbies, each team will play through all maps once, from NM to DT.
  6. After the pool has been played, the teams will get a second chance to play maps they feel like they can improve on. Team captains will tell the ref what maps they want to replay. These maps have to be in the same order as before. (eg. NM1, NM2, DT1 - is fine, but NM1, DT2, HR2 is NOT).
    Should there be a lack of referees for qualifiers, we might cancel the 2nd try. In case this happens, it will be announced before the qualifier lobbies start, so that everyone has equal opportunities.
  7. If a player disconnects during the first 30 seconds of a map, the score is counted as is and should be played again during the 2nd try. If the 2nd try got canceled, the player will play the map after the lobby by themselves. There will be no 3rd try, in case of another disconnect.
  8. If there one or more teams in the lobby do not want to replay a certain map, they will just wait for the other teams to finish.

1. In the discord, the referee will ping both teams 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled match start.
    Should this not happen until 5 minutes before match start, please message the Admins/Host asap!
  2. Match lobbies and invites will be created 5 - 10 minutes prior to match start.
  3. Player have up to 10 minutes past match time to join the lobby. Does either team have less than 2 players by then, they will lose by default. Should both teams fail to have 2 players in by then, both teams will lose by default.
  4. The first team in the lobby name is Team Red and plays in Slot 1 + 2. The other team is Team Blue, playing in Slot 3 + 4.
  5. NoFail will be enforced for every map.
  6. Each team has the option of 1 warmup map. This map shall not be longer than 4:00 minutes and cannot be a map from the pool. Warmups are played with Freemod ON.
  7. After warmups are completed, both captains will !roll for Protect/Ban/Pick phase. - FORMAT BELOW!
  8. The time for protecting, banning or picking a map is 90 seconds. After a pick was called, there will be a 120 second timer to get ready.
  9. Due to the format, Double Picking and Double Banning are allowed!
  10. Should a player disconnect within the first 30 seconds of a map, the map will be aborted. Should a player disconnect after 30 seconds, their score will count as 0 unless the score is provided.
    Aborts only happen once per team, per match!
  11. Each team has an optional 120-second timeout, once per match. This timeout may be called at any stage in the match after the first map has been played.
  12. FreeMod Rules: Each player must pick a unique mod! One player must pick HD/EZ/HDEZ, the other must pick HR/HDHR (EZ = x1.75, FL not allowed)!
    This DOES NOT apply for TieBreaker! NoMod or any mod combination is allowed!

The Match Format

Credits to Corsace Open

1. Like in the usual tournament format, each team will pick maps in alternation.
  2. This format introduces Protects and split Ban Phases.
  3. This allows teams to secure a strong pick and choose bans alongside the match.
  4. Team captains will !roll after warmups. The winner of said roll will Protect Second, Ban Second and Pick First.
  5. Protects can be picked at any point of the match, but are not limited to the team that protected it. Both teams can pick either protect whenever they see fit.
  6. After 4 maps have been played, teams will be able to ban again, with the losing team banning second.
    In case of a tie, the loser of the 4th map will ban second.
  7. In Finals and Grand Finals, there will be a 3rd banning phase after an additional 4 maps have been played (8 total). Same rule as in the 2nd banning phase applies.
Visual explanation
Source: https://open.corsace.io/info
Team 1 = Winner of !roll, NOT team red!

🥇 FIRST PLACE: 4 months osu! supporter + Team Banner
🥈 SECOND PLACE: 2 months osu! supporter
🥉 THIRD PLACE: 1 month osu! supporter

If you want to support MTS, you can donate to our Ko-fi! All donations go directly into the price pool, either by lowering our cost or adding directly onto the price pool.

We are still actively searching for streamers. So if you want to help out, don't hesitate to join the discord and tell us.
Host: IMaxwellI
Co-Host: TerliManor
GFX: IMaxwellI, Zazzles
Sheeter: IMaxwellI
Statistician: IMaxwellI
Mappooler: -Dever, -skai, Beardedhippo, Ezius, TerliManor
Mapper: Akari-, GN-, VP757
Tester: -skai, Beardedhippo, Enigm4, Ezius, HuTaoMyMommy, Karen Kujo, MrVentox, Nyura, ShiruoX, TerliManor, Tey_osu, TheSeeker109, WoodenPickaxe
Referee: Iite, IMaxwellI, jojo_flower, Karen Kujo, MantenJD, Peoria, reforna, ShiruoX, SneakyDingus, TerliManor, TheSeeker109, XardasIG4, xoKurama
Streamer: AbbeyChan6203, DerHammer, IMaxwellI, Meiling Hong, mollias, Tey_osu
Commentator: DerHammer, Enigm4, Meiling Hong, mollias, ShiruoX, TerliManor, Tey_osu

Credits:
  1. I took some inspiration from BQT, NPC, 6WC, 3WC and especially Corsace for design and quality of this and future tournaments. Thanks for creating such amazing tournaments, and I hope I can deliver in a similar fashion.
  2. Forum GFX Background: Starkiteckt Designs
Der Kommissar
:O
Stomiks
wow
ShiruoX
why cant tourneys have a normal sr breh i dont wanna play 6* pools in 50k
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI

ShiruoX wrote:

I mean, you are not supposed to FC every map in Finals and Grand Finals anways.
I've looked through a number of recent 50k tournaments and this is the good middle of the SR's
Meiling Hong

ShiruoX wrote:

The future is now old man
Stomiks
true
kzt1
looking for people to play dm me
Doczera-

IMaxwellI wrote:

ShiruoX wrote:

I mean, you are not supposed to FC every map in Finals and Grand Finals anways.
I've looked through a number of recent 50k tournaments and this is the good middle of the SR's
I didnt expect to be outscaled by the qualifiers bruh
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI
Regs are open! :)
We're also still searching refs. Refs are also allowed to play so no hesitation!
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI
Searching for Streamers as well btw D:
Swaiyu
naiyeees
Stomiks
naiyeeessssss
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI
Little bump!
If you're a streamer or know someone who wants to stream in tournaments, let me know!
Lunexia
Yes yes, 6* pools for 6 digits, truly one of the star ratings of all time.

Jokes aside, this looks like it'd be pretty fun, but passing due to star rating ^^'
Good luck everyone!
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI

Lunexia wrote:

Yes yes, 6* pools for 6 digits, truly one of the star ratings of all time.

Jokes aside, this looks like it'd be pretty fun, but passing due to star rating ^^'
Good luck everyone!
The star rating is tailored to other 50k-100k tournaments.
The additional rank range of 100k - 150k is just to allow people to play together, that are in 5 and 6 digit ranks.
If we'd nerf the pool to be better playable for 6 digits, it might be way too easy for 50k players.

Also, I think these star ratings really aren't high at all.
You yourself have 6* plays as top plays. The tournament pools stays below 6* until Finals.
And a tournament pool isn't meant to be easily fc'able from QF on and further.
Lunexia
Fair points! Jeez, guess I sign up smh.
Stomiks
Cool
Juaman
How do I join this? lol
Topic Starter
IMaxwellI

Humanwrecker wrote:

How do I join this? lol
That's really easy. If you have at least one teammate already, you can just fill out the Player Registrations Form and join the Discord. You'll find it if you click on "PLAYER REGISTRATIONS" at the top of the post.

If you are still in search of teammates, you should first join the Discord and there you can post in the "looking for team" channel. Maybe you are in luck and get picked up.

Edit:
Wait... or did you mean that the link is broken, I just realized that how did that happen xD
Fixing it now

Edit2:
It's fixed now. But I remember how it happened. I recently wanted to update the Staff section and accidentally deleted everything but the staff section... so I nuked the whole post D:
Could recover it with an old backup but forgot to insert the registration link again.

Also you can find the link in the Discord, which you have to join for the tournament anyways :D
show more