forum

Gabry Ponte ft. Miani - You (Hardbass Radio Edit)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XMPPwocky
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 8:42:08 AM

Artist: Gabry Ponte ft. Miani
Title: You (Hardbass Radio Edit)
Tags: hardbass
BPM: 138
Filesize: 9201kb
Play Time: 02:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.75 stars, 251 notes)
  2. Insane (4.94 stars, 348 notes)
  3. Normal (3.3 stars, 133 notes)
Download: Gabry Ponte ft. Miani - You (Hardbass Radio Edit)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first map.
Now with extra AR, more readable jumps, multiple diffs, and streams!
OPEN TO MOD4MOD, PM ME

INSANE: 75% done (needs more hitsounds)
HARD: 33% done (needs improved placement/rhythm, hitsounds) PLEASE MOD
NORMAL: 50% done (needs reduced difficulty, better placement, better rhythm patterns, hitsounds) PLEASE MOD
changelog: Normal Hard Insane
* started logging changes
* spaced out certain triples more, fixed some distance snap issues
* fixed more snap issues
* tweak the beginning bit
* Less jumpy, easier in general
* Reduced difficulty
* Better DS + rhythm
* Better start, working on rhythm
* reduced diff, removed some bs that broke combo for no reason, fixed DS
* removed more combo-breaking bs
* fixed DS issues, added way too many NCs in too many places (will remove later)
* NCs better, DS better
* more drain, more readable jumps
* added BG!
* lol less drain again, stacks
* space out polygon jumps a tiny bit more
* shorten break
* beat blankets
ProfessionalBox
> The combo starting at around 21sec mark could be cut in half since it has 11 notes in it
> At 28 sec mark the two notes following the slider are very hard to notice on first playthrough, consider repositioning the 2 notes :)?
> Combo at around 1.04 min, maybe consider relocating the number 3 of the yellow combo, It just appears to be in the wrong spot but again just my opinion :P
> The whole combo from 1,04 to 1,09 is much more difficult than the rest of the song (to play on mouse atleast :D), unless you plan on making the rest of the song as hard and jump heavy

All of the notes were timed correctly, atleast I didn't find any wrong timed notes, and it had nice amount of variety between sliders and single notes for a insane difficulty. All in all great work :)!
Topic Starter
XMPPwocky

ProfessionalBox wrote:

> The combo starting at around 21sec mark could be cut in half since it has 11 notes in it
done

> At 28 sec mark the two notes following the slider are very hard to notice on first playthrough, consider repositioning the 2 notes :)?
done, maybe reposition more?
> Combo at around 1.04 min, maybe consider relocating the number 3 of the yellow combo, It just appears to be in the wrong spot but again just my opinion :P
mostly done, a fair bit of tweaking in that combo + the one after
> The whole combo from 1,04 to 1,09 is much more difficult than the rest of the song (to play on mouse atleast :D), unless you plan on making the rest of the song as hard and jump heavy
Yeah, I want to start getting very jumpy around that point, and will probably add some neat jumps earlier in the song as well. It's also meant as a contrast for the bit before it, which was slider-heavy.

All of the notes were timed correctly, atleast I didn't find any wrong timed notes, and it had nice amount of variety between sliders and single notes for a insane difficulty. All in all great work :)
Thanks! The advice on consistent difficulty was very helpful.
ProfessionalBox

XMPPwocky wrote:

Quote:
> At 28 sec mark the two notes following the slider are very hard to notice on first playthrough, consider repositioning the 2 notes ?
done, maybe reposition more?
No need to reposition anymore! Easy to read on first playthrough
Topic Starter
XMPPwocky
Map is now around the length I want it.
Raiku
Raiku here!

Couple of playability alterations I can suggest straight off the bat to help with flow!

[You]

00:11:532 - Felt that 5 notes in a row seemed a little sluggish so I edited this section as such with the addition of a repeat slider to follow the lyrics (http://puu.sh/5yyC4.jpg).

00:14:793 - Shortened the spinner to fit in with the little noise it makes which I'm sure you intended the spinner to follow (http://puu.sh/5yyLG.jpg), I also added a note before the triple because I felt that jumping straight into a triple after that short break could be confusing and stunts the rhythm of your map (http://puu.sh/5yyNQ.jpg).

01:55:662 - Evil spacing! I recommend this instead for serious: (http://puu.sh/5yyUe.jpg).

02:03:923 - Start new combo here, 02:10:445 - here and 02:12:184 - here. Meg and Dia anyone? Seriously its easier to read and helps the combos patterns progress nicely.

Good luck with the rest of the map, nice grid style, loving it. Hope this helped!
Topic Starter
XMPPwocky

Raiku wrote:

Raiku here!
:O

Couple of playability alterations I can suggest straight off the bat to help with flow! [You]

00:11:532 - Felt that 5 notes in a row seemed a little sluggish so I edited this section as such with the addition of a repeat slider to follow the lyrics (http://puu.sh/5yyC4.jpg).
Aha, something always felt off about that combo, this fixes it.

00:14:793 - Shortened the spinner to fit in with the little noise it makes which I'm sure you intended the spinner to follow (http://puu.sh/5yyLG.jpg), I also added a note before the triple because I felt that jumping straight into a triple after that short break could be confusing and stunts the rhythm of your map (http://puu.sh/5yyNQ.jpg).
That does feel better, thanks!

01:55:662 - Evil spacing! I recommend this instead for serious: (http://puu.sh/5yyUe.jpg)
Oops, I blame grid snap. :P

02:03:923 - Start new combo here, 02:10:445 - here and 02:12:184 - here. Meg and Dia anyone? Seriously its easier to read and helps the combos patterns progress nicely.
Done.

Good luck with the rest of the map, nice grid style, loving it. Hope this helped!
Thanks a bunch!
[ infL ]
Hi this for m4m

[General]
  1. Quite a lot of errors just from AIMod
  2. You need background image
  3. No preview point for "Me" and "You" difficulties
  4. Audio quality is higher than 192kbps, needs to be lower
  5. Kiai isnt snapped
  6. You stop mapping around 02:26:314 and the song is a lot longer, you should cut down the mp3 to reduce size
  7. I know this is your first map but all the diffs are very hard to follow both the rhythm and the circles since the strange spacing
  8. Try look at other ranked beatmaps that you like and see how they are mapped and try and look for flow, positioning of notes, rhythm
  9. I can point out a lot of errors in this mapset but I think you will learn the most if you go back and try to change it as I have generally pointed out
  10. All the diffs are so similar with many parts just copied and pasted from the other diffs, you should have more variety
  11. You should open AIMod from time to time, (Ctrl + Shift + A) and it will tell you some common errors and if you tick the box at the top it will tell you errors in distance spacing which you should be following more to make it less confusing
[Me]
  1. I would change this:
    to this:
    since the rhythm you have there is confusing and doesn't match the song. And also remove the NC.
  2. You should keep distance spacing through the entire map especially since this is a normal difficulty. There are many confusing spacings between notes.
    For example this: 00:18:489 (6)
    6 and 1 are one beat apart yet its the exact same spacing as 4 and 5 which are 1/2 apart
    I would go back through the entire map, and make sure DS in on through the whole song
  3. 00:20:880 (3) - Remove unnecessary point on slider
  4. Kiai time should be from 00:31:315 - 00:58:706 The kiai time you have right now is unsnapped.
  5. There are just so many confusing timings and note placement throughout the whole song, e.g. notes behind sliders, weird spacing
    You should really keep DS on like I said and go through the whole map again making sure its spaced accordingly. Try and avoid notes behind sliders because it is very hard to read.
  6. There are a lot more points I can point out but I think you should first just go back and remember the DS through the whole map and possibly reduce the amount of circles and add more sliders since this makes it easier for players, especially on this normal diff.
[Them]
  1. Circle size to 4, not 5
  2. This song also has very confusing spacing :L and makes it hard to read and follow
  3. Have you done a playtest of this map? The jumps are very large and hard to play and I don't feel it really matches the song
  4. 00:03:489 (1,2,3,4) - You used the same rhythm as the Me difficulty, you should make the same change as I pointed out there. I feel it matches the song better.
  5. 00:16:532 (1) - Remove NC
  6. 00:29:575 (1) - ^
  7. I won't post any more specifics, you will learn better if you went back and made the general changes yourself :)
[You]
  1. All the general things I said above apply here too
  2. This diff and "Them" diff is pretty much the same with just some added notes, triples ? :cry:
  3. Kiai time is unsnapped like the first diff
  4. 00:14:793 (1) - This spinner is too short
Well I think I pointed out some tips for you. It's your first map and I know it's hard how to make a really good beatmap and I'm still learning myself but if you can follow the general tips I gave you (MOST IMPORTANT IS DS) and if you look at other maps, you will be able to map better :)

Goodluck ;)
Topic Starter
XMPPwocky

[ infL ] wrote:

Hi this for m4m

[General]
  1. Quite a lot of errors just from AIMod - yeah i ignored all but the distance snap because i'm lazy, i ignored the distance snap because i thought aimod was less clever than it actually is
  2. You need background image - see above
  3. No preview point for "Me" and "You" difficulties - thought this was global for all diffs
  4. Audio quality is higher than 192kbps, needs to be lower - see above
  5. Kiai isnt snapped - just figured out how to do this
  6. You stop mapping around 02:26:314 and the song is a lot longer, you should cut down the mp3 to reduce size - see above
  7. I know this is your first map but all the diffs are very hard to follow both the rhythm and the circles since the strange spacing - for "Me" i can get that (i only forked it off from "Them" yesterday and just removed some notes, it's better now), for the others is it really that bad?
  8. Try look at other ranked beatmaps that you like and see how they are mapped and try and look for flow, positioning of notes, rhythm - I did.
  9. I can point out a lot of errors in this mapset but I think you will learn the most if you go back and try to change it as I have generally pointed out
  10. All the diffs are so similar with many parts just copied and pasted from the other diffs, you should have more variety - again, there was only 1 diff until yesterday
  11. You should open AIMod from time to time, (Ctrl + Shift + A) and it will tell you some common errors and if you tick the box at the top it will tell you errors in distance spacing which you should be following more to make it less confusing - see above :P
[Me]
  1. I would change this:
    to this:
    since the rhythm you have there is confusing and doesn't match the song. And also remove the NC. - done
  2. You should keep distance spacing through the entire map especially since this is a normal difficulty. There are many confusing spacings between notes.
    For example this: 00:18:489 (6)
    6 and 1 are one beat apart yet its the exact same spacing as 4 and 5 which are 1/2 apart
    I would go back through the entire map, and make sure DS in on through the whole song - done
  3. 00:20:880 (3) - Remove unnecessary point on slider - done
  4. Kiai time should be from 00:31:315 - 00:58:706 The kiai time you have right now is unsnapped. - done
  5. There are just so many confusing timings and note placement throughout the whole song, e.g. notes behind sliders, weird spacing - most notes behind sliders gone
    You should really keep DS on like I said and go through the whole map again making sure its spaced accordingly. Try and avoid notes behind sliders because it is very hard to read.
  6. There are a lot more points I can point out but I think you should first just go back and remember the DS through the whole map and possibly reduce the amount of circles and add more sliders since this makes it easier for players, especially on this normal diff.
[Them]
  1. Circle size to 4, not 5 - done
  2. This song also has very confusing spacing :L and makes it hard to read and follow
  3. Have you done a playtest of this map? The jumps are very large and hard to play and I don't feel it really matches the song - yeah again it was supposed to be an insane originally w/ high AR.
  4. 00:03:489 (1,2,3,4) - You used the same rhythm as the Me difficulty, you should make the same change as I pointed out there. I feel it matches the song better.
  5. 00:16:532 (1) - Remove NC
  6. 00:29:575 (1) - ^
  7. I won't post any more specifics, you will learn better if you went back and made the general changes yourself :)
[You]
  1. All the general things I said above apply here too
  2. This diff and "Them" diff is pretty much the same with just some added notes, triples ? :cry: - yep
  3. Kiai time is unsnapped like the first diff - fixed
  4. 00:14:793 (1) - This spinner is too short - probably fixed
Well I think I pointed out some tips for you. It's your first map and I know it's hard how to make a really good beatmap and I'm still learning myself but if you can follow the general tips I gave you (MOST IMPORTANT IS DS) and if you look at other maps, you will be able to map better :)

Goodluck ;)
So yeah, "Me" is 100% DS now, working on its rhythm still then will go and keep hacking on the two more complete diffs.

EDIT: all diffs have decent DS now
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.