forum

[Archived] Windows 11 Create Event (Ctrl + C)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pandize

PROBLEM

So when mapping in Windows 11, if you press Ctrl + C at any moment in the editor, it'll pop up a Windows "Create Event" tab after about one second. This shows options to create an event for Windows Calendar and Outlook. It's from the clipboard settings.

SOLUTION

This is a new feature from Windows 11 called "Suggested Actions" and it seems to be enabled by default.

1. Get the popup to open and click the ". . ." to open the clipboard settings.
    You can also just search clipboard settings in Windows.
  2. Look for the option that says "Suggested Actions".
  3. Disable that.
Voila, you should be able to copy and paste without getting halted up anymore. Hopefully this helps you guys out, as I know everytime I was mapping, it'd pop up and make me wanna smash my keyboard to get it to go away.
Death
Do you know if Ctrl + C is the default binding for that popup? And does this prevent you from actually copying anything?

Could you please also report this here if possible? This is the first time I've seen this reported, but as more and more people switch to Windows 11, I imagine it will start becoming more prevalent. It would be good if this could be looked into by a dev to see if there's any possibility of preventing it from appearing in game.
Topic Starter
Pandize

Death wrote:

Do you know if Ctrl + C is the default binding for that popup? And does this prevent you from actually copying anything?
So I'm pretty positive that's the default keybinding.
It does not prevent you from copying, but it does halt you/tab you out until you close it.

Death wrote:

Could you please also report this here if possible?
I'm not too familiar with github, so it'd be awesome if you or someone could forward it there!

I slapped this post here because I personally couldn't find a solution googling it.
Death
Sure. Going to try getting access to a Windows 11 machine first though. If anyone already has one and is able to reproduce, feel free to beat me to it.
salihefee
Thank you so much for that lol
Glean
thanks