forum

Lots of mania beatmaps not approved or ranked

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiro -
I looked into so many beatmaps but a lot has either been in the graveyard or not approved,I played so many of unranked beatmap and i think most of them are really well made it is really good but just didn't get the credit they should get,why is that?I know that most of the songs are either too hard for new players or just not good enough but people put in their time and effort into making the beatmaps.
Drace

RoZaS wrote:

I looked into so many beatmaps but a lot has either been in the graveyard or not approved,I played so many of unranked beatmap and i think most of them are really well made it is really good but just didn't get the credit they should get,why is that?I know that most of the songs are either too hard for new players or just not good enough but people put in their time and effort into making the beatmaps.
It's not they've been denied or anything, better to think of it as they haven't been approved/ranked "yet". It's just a map needs a certain amount of mods before it can get bubbled and ranked by a BAT. Mania has a very small and limited modding community, same can be said about about the BAT team. It just takes a little more more work and attention for maps to get ranked with how things are now.

The unfortunate good quality maps that got sent to the graveyard just didn't get the attention it needed :/
Topic Starter
Shiro -

Drace wrote:

It's not they've been denied or anything, better to think of it as they haven't been approved/ranked "yet". It's just a map needs a certain amount of mods before it can get bubbled and ranked by a BAT. Mania has a very small and limited modding community, same can be said about about the BAT team. It just takes a little more more work and attention for maps to get ranked with how things are now.

The unfortunate good quality maps that got sent to the graveyard just didn't get the attention it needed :/
Well,I understand that they have a small community but if so then they would have to change the way of rating beatmaps,for example we can let the peoples to rate a beatmap a certain number of times to determine whether the beatmap is good or bad.So at least we have more privilege on ranking a beatmap instead of letting the moderators approve it.
PyaKura
This is how things already work, sort of. Actually this "issue" had already been discussed several times before but it had been made clear that we can't possibly expect the mania community to be as busy/active as the other game modes'. Mania is only ~1 year old, which is very young considering the release date for osu! and the other modes which were basically there from the beginning.

In fact it's simply a matter of time. And things should hopefully get interesting when we approach MWC.
Bobbias
It's a combination of being a new mode, with a small community, and the fact that there are many people in the community who already know how to map for mania style games so we have more good maps early in the life of this game mode compared to how the other modes grew.
Lieselotte

Drace wrote:

RoZaS wrote:

I have lots of unfortunate good quality beatmaps :s
akebono

Lieselotte wrote:

oww~ Your beatmap itself it's magic :3
Raging Bull
mania has more than CtB already anyways.
Drace

Lieselotte wrote:

They all have a warm home in my multiplayer playlist :s

Raging Bull wrote:

mania has more than CtB already anyways.
We probly have more then taiko too if we go by how many players are in the chat channels