forum

[Mac] Absolute tracking on trackpad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
9tin9tin9
I wrote a command line utility for Mac that maps relative position of finger on trackpad to absolute coordinate of cursor on screen. I did some research to see if such utility exists and the closest thing I found was inklet. But it is a paid software and I am not paying for that.

The default mapping just maps whole trackpad to whole screen. But if you know some programming (preferably C-like language), you can modify the rule to map any part of trackpad to any part of the screen.

https://github.com/lokxii/Mac-trackpad-mapper
Stomiks
Damn that's cool
Topic Starter
9tin9tin9
Update: I have wrapped the utility in a status bar app that makes it more easy to use. One still have to write to code to modify the rule tho.
netxis
Hello, I just found this thread and it's exactly what I wanted, however I have absolutely 0 experience with github so I don't get how this works. Think you could help?
I AM VERY SMART
Jesus, this thread is so useful and underrated
mjmroh
Hi, I am new to github and I am a little confused on how to install or use this. If anybody could help that would be great
UPR

mjmroh wrote:

Hi, I am new to github and I am a little confused on how to install or use this. If anybody could help that would be great
Where the "Code" button is you click that and this window will open up, there you go to download as ZIP file and then extract it
KetsyTheBest
how to find app?
sir_monsterzz
can someone show me a tutorial?? (with picture)
tylerwe
Wowz, this is incredible!!
Here is how to install it.
Step (1) Where the code button is click it and then in the dropdown select "Download as Zip File"
(2) Double click the zip file to unpack it into a folder
(3) Go to your /Applications folder and go to Utilities and open Terminal.app
(4) In terminal, type in "cd ~/Downloads/Mac-trackpad-manager"
(5) Type make release and enter
The app will now be inside the build folder.
Cytriah

tylerwe wrote:

Wowz, this is incredible!!
Here is how to install it.
Step (1) Where the code button is click it and then in the dropdown select "Download as Zip File"
(2) Double click the zip file to unpack it into a folder
(3) Go to your /Applications folder and go to Utilities and open Terminal.app
(4) In terminal, type in "cd ~/Downloads/Mac-trackpad-manager"
(5) Type make release and enter
The app will now be inside the build folder.
Hey when I installed it and everything it doesn't show for me anywhere? Is it supposed to be in the "Mac-trackpad-mapper-master" folder or somewhere in applications? I'm struggling here