forum

very bored so I wrote something about waifu skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SolarNight
There are a lot of waifu skins in this game and I don't like in my opinion. I mean if you are really devoted to your waifu go for it. But the entire theme of the osu skin centered around one anime girl is very strange and intriguing.

First of all, I'm not spreading hate to waifu skins, use what you want to use because no one is judging you unless you play osu in a talent show and forget you had your steamy waifu skin on. So I'm a casual mania player and I like minimalistic skins because it makes chart reading easier. My way of finding skins is usually from youtube or skin websites. Of course this is where I found out waifu skins existed. My first thought was: "Oh wow, there's a [b]weirdly specific[b] skin about this particular anime character who happens to be a very popular waifu."

Since I'm a mania player the most irritating thing about waifu skins is putting the waifu beside the osu!mania chart. ESPECIALLY if the waifu has "assets". There's most likely a top player using a waifu skin, Having the waifu in the menu is totally okay, I actually respect that, but I'm not sure what the skin maker was thinking probably something like: 'This skin is perfect! I can finally do an insane stream while looking at my beautiful <waifu>!"
Kaaruumii
shes there for emotional support c:
Stomiks
I pretty much only use waifu skins when I don't feel like improving. I especially have more fun when there's an anime girl with big booba cheering me on by the side of the screen.
Duck o-o
you know if you are being distracted by their 'assets' you may actually like waifu skins
Gamesnake7

Dementedduck wrote:

you know if you are being distracted by their 'assets' you may actually like waifu skins
Truly a way to know about it :troll:

I'm not a big fan of waifu skins too, I play in a place where my family can easily see whatever I'm playing, and besides, reading maps can be harder with the extra accessories lol
Topic Starter
SolarNight

Dementedduck wrote:

I find it an inconvenience
Stomiks

SolarNight wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

I find it an inconvenience
You wouldn't find them an inconvenience if you don't like big anime booba
Jangsoodlor
Having Waifus cheering you during gameplay at some obscure corner definately helps you play better (source: trust me bro)
Duck o-o

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Having Waifus cheering you during gameplay at some obscure corner definately helps you play better (source: trust me bro)
This is actually proven factual information. All best players have booba somewhere and all mediocre players use some bs 'minimalist' skin #590
Topic Starter
SolarNight

Jangsoodlor wrote:

mania skin moment
Gamesnake7

Dementedduck wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

This is actually proven factual information. All best players have booba somewhere and all mediocre players use some bs 'minimalist' skin #590
Mania players: 🗿
Stomiks

Dementedduck wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Most mediorce players just always focus on improvement so they always use minimalist skins because they think it's the best skin to use. In reality, every skin is good to play with if it's well made. That's why most players use some kind of anime skin with some having booba in it.