forum

[Archived] Keyboard stops registering inputs/freezes randomly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyulke
Problem details:
Recentely i got a new keyboard with gateron black switches, it was my first time building a custom keyboard. What i didnt expect was to my keyboard to just start holding down one of my keys while bursting or streaming and jumps (rarely)

it happens way less on super low bpm but anything above 200bpm is just impossile to play as after like 10 notes my keyboard just stops. I played a low bpm stream practice map to demonstrate my issue (NONE of these "fingerlock look-alikes" were fingerlock it was literally ALL my keyboard)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3b76IC4gGs forgot i was using my webcams mic so the audio sounds really bad please ignore

i seriously dont know what to do please help

i just observed my video and realized that it consistently stops registering inputs every 20 seconds (first one at 0:13 second one at 0:33 third one at 00:53, etc) dont know how this helps but its something atleast
Death
Have you tried changing your key bindings to see if this also happens with other keys?

Considering you've said this is a custom keyboard, perhaps one of the switches is damaged or does not have a good connection to the board.
Topic Starter
Kyulke
yeah i checked every switch individually to see if that was the problem but it happens with any key, even when im typing it occurs sometimes
Death
Issue with the board or maybe a driver issue perhaps? Not really sure, but it sounds like this is more of a general tech support issue rather than an osu! specific one...
Topic Starter
Kyulke
Ive tried updating the drivers and it didnt work sadly

Yeah i guess it is, ive only asked here as this issue isnt that noticeable on other games other than osu and i guess monkeytype. Just thought i could find someone with the same issue as me
Shademarc
I have the exact same issue here: community/forums/topics/1612667?n=1

I've tried finding a solution but to no avail. Is your keyboard manufactured by Epomaker by any chance?
We might be able to form a complaint together if so.