forum

How to get better acc

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
martimzaoo
I've been playing taiko for a while now, but can't improve accuracy at all and still get a lot of 100s. I have been recently trying osu standard and can get good accuracy. Any help? How can I practice getting better accuracy?
Warpzoned
try playing easier maps to the point where you can get 99%+ consistently, then just climb the difficulty ladder while mantaining said accuracy. though if the accuracy issue persists it might have something to do with equipment delay, hope this helps.
Topic Starter
martimzaoo

Warpzoned wrote:

try playing easier maps to the point where you can get 99%+ consistently, then just climb the difficulty ladder while mantaining said accuracy. though if the accuracy issue persists it might have something to do with equipment delay, hope this helps.
thank you :)
Warpzoned

martimzaoo wrote:

thank you :)
you're welcome, anytime.
dracobuster
A couple things you can do is play easier maps and test your ears to see if you are hitting at the right time on beat. If its off or you notice the accuracy is off when you hear it and you know you timed it right it could be settings. Once you got offset figured out its about playing to the beat of the song and learning the basic patterns used in songs. Once you get used to seeing the patterns you can play faster songs that utilize those patterns you learned and new ones.

Something you can practice is perfectly hitting triples with correct timing. What I mean is sometimes you will get evenly spaced triple notes and instead of hitting it evenly you might hit it like dondon don, or don dondon,
instead of don don don due to lack of speed or whatnot. during these times you probably end up playing more with your fingers, no rebound which can cause you to lose accuracy by rushing to keep up vs having a little rebound in your playing and being at a comfortable speed.
Its easier to see than type out, but look at how even though its a fast song, he's done it so much that he can move his wrist and a little bit of his arm and hit those patterns. It has a hypnotic bounce effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEftGVcm0U

Once you start getting into the 6+ star maps you will probably end up hitting a cap on how fast you can single tap, or start with your dominant hand, and you might have to switch to full alternation unless you just built different. Full alt lets you hit literally any pattern without any gap between pressing since only one hand will be in use per note and you will save stamina since the workload is split 50/50.
Tedward765
also I feel like something I should add is that OD in taiko is on average higher than in standard so:
- OD 6 in taiko = OD 8 in standard
- OD 5 in taiko = OD 7.5 in standard
- OD 4 in taiko = OD 7 in standard
- and so on
looking at your profile i saw that you mostly played normal and easy for osu standard which has way larger timing windows for 300s compared to typical timing windows for oni difficulties which is around OD6.

as for my advice on improving accuracy, just focus on it more. set targets for yourself aim to achieve a little more than what you would consider "good", keep repeating this and at some point you will get there but just like any skill in taiko this will take time (41 hours of gameplay is still considered inexperienced imo)
Topic Starter
martimzaoo
To anyone who still comes to this post, I have since realized I had -100 offset. I just never realized because the hit sounds were on beat, however my tapping was not