forum

persona 5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Duck o-o
Should i buy it on switch or wait like a year until I get a new pc so i can run it. Kinda reluctant spending £55 on a game that released like 6 years ago
Stomiks
Depends if you wanna wait that long. But yeah, 55 for an old game does cost a lot.
ghoulybits
It Depends (tm).

IMO P5R (which adds new stuff from the base P5 release. Atlus does that a lot with Persona) is worth the money. It's easily 100+ hours of gameplay just for your first run (assuming you do the new third semester content), and there's tons more replay value there. I'd recommend it heavily, since I really enjoyed both the original Persona 5 + the 60ish hours I've played of P5R so far, but yeah 60 bucks is definitely a hefty asking price. If you don't care too much about actually owning the games you play, then maybe invest in the PC Xbox gamepass?

Though unless your PC really sucks, you shouldn't have much of an issue running P5R. My laptop is a piece of shit that can barely run Minecraft on a good day, but I've been able to get through it fine with only mild lag like. Once every few hours. The original game was built to run on the PS3, so it's a lot less intensive than it might seem.

TL;DR buy it on the switch if you want the portability factor, but if not then the PC port shouldn't be half bad even if you play on a shit laptop
Topic Starter
Duck o-o

ghoulybits wrote:

It Depends (tm).

IMO P5R (which adds new stuff from the base P5 release. Atlus does that a lot with Persona) is worth the money. It's easily 100+ hours of gameplay just for your first run (assuming you do the new third semester content), and there's tons more replay value there. I'd recommend it heavily, since I really enjoyed both the original Persona 5 + the 60ish hours I've played of P5R so far, but yeah 60 bucks is definitely a hefty asking price. If you don't care too much about actually owning the games you play, then maybe invest in the PC Xbox gamepass?

Though unless your PC really sucks, you shouldn't have much of an issue running P5R. My laptop is a piece of shit that can barely run Minecraft on a good day, but I've been able to get through it fine with only mild lag like. Once every few hours. The original game was built to run on the PS3, so it's a lot less intensive than it might seem.

TL;DR buy it on the switch if you want the portability factor, but if not then the PC port shouldn't be half bad even if you play on a shit laptop
Ok ill prob buy it on switch then cos i had trouble running persona 4 on pc
ty for the recommendation
Karmine
A friend told me to play it about a hundred times, I should really do it at some point
Reyalp51
Just remember the game is like 130hr long