forum

The Modern General Visual Novel & Eroge Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hata-tan

Hello, after noticing that the old discussion thread for visual novels and eroges in this forum is dead for like five years now, I took it upon myself to make a new one. I started this by posting the following thread on osugame to garner some interest for the topic and also use the services and website's I've been working on/with to make it as easy as possible for newcomers to get into the medium and for veterans to find more peers.

For some of my personal history with visual novels, you can consult this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/yk2bc3/since_osu_uses_a_lot_of_eroge_and_visual_novel/

If you need to find more communities besides this one, please check out our mothership community at Fuwanovel or consider bookmarking this master link.

https://fuwanovel.net/fuwanovel-links/

Happy discussing!
Stomiks
Did anyone saw gigguk's video on katawa shoujo? Didn't know that it was made by a group of 4 chan users.
Topic Starter
Hata-tan

Stomiks wrote:

Did anyone saw gigguk's video on katawa shoujo? Didn't know that it was made by a group of 4 chan users.
Well, this is quite an open secret that it started like that. The video actually enlightened me on its origins though with the manga panel that the character designs come from. It's great that Gigguk made that video, because it will for sure create a resurgence of interest in the phenomenon of Katawa Shoujo.

There are also some more cool things regarding that game coming, but I can't say more :P
Reyalp51
I've seen the video, pretty good
Sheppsu
The video was really well put together and interesting to watch. I definitely want to play through Katakawa Shoujo when I find the time.
ToastPixel
I never really read that many visual novels, is Kawata Shojou a good one?
Topic Starter
Hata-tan
Yes, it is one of the best western made ones, though there are lots and lots of titles these days. Really, just explore the VNDB and play some translated titles :D
DeletedUser_6709840

ToastPixel wrote:

imo, yeah, even if it was one of my first VNs before I branched into other genres. It's a western one where you can feel the people who made it have a passion for anime and VNs as a genre. It's also surprisingly well-written for what it is.
Stomiks

Tsumugi Aoba wrote:

ToastPixel wrote:

imo, yeah, even if it was one of my first VNs before I branched into other genres. It's a western one where you can feel the people who made it have a passion for anime and VNs as a genre. It's also surprisingly well-written for what it is.
Devs did multiple rewrites of their story because they weren't satisfied with it and actively listened to their player's feedback so it became a really good VN.
Topic Starter
Hata-tan

Stomiks wrote:

Tsumugi Aoba wrote:

ToastPixel wrote:

Devs did multiple rewrites of their story because they weren't satisfied with it and actively listened to their player's feedback so it became a really good VN.
"There are also some more cool things regarding that game coming, but I can't say more :P"
I can say that our website will probably have an interview with someone about what I'm hinting at quite soon.
kirazky
I saw this thread and got a little bit nostalgic, in old times i did play some visual novels english and japanese(yeah video games was for me a good soucre to learn this language lol).
Can someone recommend me good visual novel nsfw or not doesnt really matter and i may look at chaos head as well watched the anime back then never had the opportunity to play the game. xD
Ymir
PIPPI WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE EROGE
Stomiks

-Remi wrote:

PIPPI WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE EROGE
Now I want an osu! VN
Topic Starter
Hata-tan
DeletedUser_6709840

Hata-tan wrote:

Here's the Katawa Shoujo News I was talking about!

https://twitter.com/Fuwan0vel/status/1587783118265663489?s=20&t=Yj0W9nMjCIRxSr5kCuYdRg

That IS something hopeful
Stomiks

Hata-tan wrote:

Here's the Katawa Shoujo News I was talking about!

https://twitter.com/Fuwan0vel/status/1587783118265663489?s=20&t=Yj0W9nMjCIRxSr5kCuYdRg

What's the post about? A new VN?
UPR
Started playing, Steins;(Gate)Peak today. Already having a blast
Reyalp51
theres this old game called class of 09, one of the darkest and funniest visual novels i've seen
UPR

Reyalp51 wrote:

theres this old game called class of 09, one of the darkest and funniest visual novels i've seen
How is the story and stuff?
Kobold84
Recently finished Process of Elimination, it's all right, but nothing really interesting, cliche characters, cliche plot. If you love mysteries you'll enjoy it to some extent, but if you like solving mysteries as you go then you're out of luck, the detective work there is only a part of the story and not a part of the genre.

The strategy mini-game was the most fun section and something different from usual VNs (not completely unique however), but it got too easy after the half-way point and the game did not capitalize on it enough. If you have spare 24 hours or so and you're in dire need of murder mysteries after playing Rain Code, give it a go.
show more