forum

What do you do, when your maps get ignored for extended periods of time?

posted
Total Posts

What do you do, when your maps get ignored for a extended period of time?

Keep begging modders to try mod the map you desperately want it to get ranked
10.71%
Give up and make a new map
71.43%
Doublecheck it by yourself
7.14%
Change the background to hopefully get more attention or/and make a storyboard cuz why not
0.00%
Go to discord, then keep begging some guys to try modding your map
0.00%
Show it to some twitch streamers
0.00%
Show it on a multiplayer lobby
0.00%
Let ur mutuals/friends do the modding instead
3.57%
Complain about how bad ranking a map in osu! has gotten
7.14%
Get more kudosu!
0.00%
Total votes: 28
Polling ended
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
So that happened to me recently. I was begging modders left and right to mod a map to y'know rank a goddang map! It went well at first, but then my map suddenly got ignored. There was like only one minor mod, I started to get somewhat worried, so I kept trying and trying, but nope nothing!
So now I wanna get a solution of how to stop that!
I wanna know how you guys would do if your maps get ignored, so that I would do it just like you guys would!
The more votes an option gets, the higher the chances of me actually doing it! (Except the "complaining about how bad mapping has gotten", I don't wanna be too much of a harsh guy, but it might have an impact of the mapping community, who knows.)
DeletedUser_13957006
your map has to be at least decent from the get-go to get mods most of the time. if it's not, your map won't even get modded, let alone ranked.

i'd suggest you just keep making new maps until you either get good enough (if you already arent, of course) or until people get interested and start modding it
sayucat_
dont beg for mods man ur making people dislike you even more

that happens to most new mappers so just accept it and map more
lewski
move on, focus on improvement, find intrinsic value in mapping
Stomiks
If mods ignore my maps then it wasn't good enough to be worthy of modding. Go and make new maps to increase your mapping experience and someday mods will think that you're map is good enough to be modded.
JustABeginner
As well as mapping, modding takes time, and self-improvement of a mapper in terms of mapping skills.
Worry not if your map fails to gain recognition, you can create a new map, experimenting with new style or improved in mapping to help increasing the chances of getting it modded.
sisig
i personally just get tired of a map and would be way better for me (mapping-wise) to just make a new one
Asphiee
For me, i go for testplays in #mapping, multiplayer and nationality channel or poke a friend. After getting some feedbacks, double check it, if i get tired of it, make a new up and graveyard that map.