forum

Tips for improvement to beat 4 star maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FOXERATED
Heyo guys, I've been playing Osu!mania for a few months and I think I've been stuck with just 3 stars or more that I can achieve B-S ranks but can't beat 4-star maps or at least have a B rank. I believe my fingers have reached their speed limit and wish to push the boundaries even more. The simple "Just play more" may not simply work on me. I make my fingers as close as to the keys to make the tapping instantaneous but I've seen other pro players tap their keys while their hands or fingers are hovering and despite that, they still beat 5 stars or above maps. I don't know how because I was amazed at it. Got any useful advice?
Stomiks
Taking a glance at your profile, you have a really low acc than the average player. You might want to increase the acc of your maps before moving on the next difficulty. Don't ever be satisfied for pass plays. Strive for higher accs plays like 97% or 98% so that you could refine your skills and stop the development of bad habits. Sure, your perceived difficulty ceiling would certainly be heavily brought down, but it's worth it in the end if you wanna improve at the game.
Kaaruumii
Just do what i did and just stick to playing higher 2 star maps for warmup then 3 - 3.5 stars until you can 96% - 98% most of em, then do the same with 3.5 - 4 stars. Dont worry too much about passing stuff, focus on atleast hitting perfects then play easier stuff and try to get as many marverlouses as possible and slowly move up over time. Also looking at your playcount per month playing a lot more will make you better faster from what i can see.
midgy
b rank might as well be a fail, have to be mashing to get acc that bad, try stick to files you can get at least an S rank
Hoshimegu Mio

Stomiks wrote:

Taking a glance at your profile, you have a really low acc than the average player. You might want to increase the acc of your maps before moving on the next difficulty. Don't ever be satisfied for pass plays. Strive for higher accs plays like 97% or 98% so that you could refine your skills and stop the development of bad habits. Sure, your perceived difficulty ceiling would certainly be heavily brought down, but it's worth it in the end if you wanna improve at the game.
If you think that’s a low acc than you haven’t seen 5-digit me.

——

Stars are like one of the worst ways to define difficulty TBH.
Stomiks

YyottaCat wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

If you think that’s a low acc than you haven’t seen 5-digit me.
lol, was it as low as my std!mode acc?
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

b rank might as well be a fail, have to be mashing to get acc that bad, try stick to files you can get at least an S rank
Or lots of delay, proof: I have a B play that should be an S, but there were lots of delays