forum

How to train accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hoshimegu Mio
It's been a problem for quite a while. I can't hit the notes accurately enough. I've been playing a ton of easier maps lately and had some nice scores (like the 992k on cold planet), but it's not consistent. One day I can get high acc and the next day I can't.

Any solutions?
UltraBlack
Sadly all i gotta say is play more 3-4* maps and have a good headphone
AstalFanBoy
play with hard rock maybe
midgy
actually don't think playing with hard rock is a good idea since it gives less feedback if you aren't already accurate but definitely playing easier files and trying to focus on the acc element more is a good idea, recommend giving this post a read community/forums/topics/1217364?n=1
AstalFanBoy
HR doesn't give less feedback. If you're talking about the the accuracy bar in the bottom middle you can just increase it. Playing with HR can give you better muscle memory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfOygLRALIo
midgy
i just mean if you're already struggling to get the highest judge then hr won't help since it'll just give a negative feedback always, like how Etienne in the vid said not to go too high, basically i think hr is too high for the average player
Stomiks
I'd usually go back to easier maps and stay in there until I could 98% acc most of them.
TheAngryNerd101
^I second this, but as an acc player I personally recommend playing really easy maps, like 1-2 star and try to SS them. Try to aim above 994k as well (I go for 996k+). If you can, try to 1,000,000 Pi by Jinjin. It's probably the easiest map to 1,000,000.
Also play with the HR mod for a bit and then play without it so that the regular timing windows feel looser by comparison afterwards.
Alternatively, you could (if you have Etterna) try J7 training, which is basically the same concept. If J7 is too tight for you, you can try J6. J4, if you're unaware, is the default judge, and J7's timing windows are half of J4's.
Topic Starter
Hoshimegu Mio
Thanks for the advice. Will try them out tomorrow.
reinosk

midgy wrote:

actually don't think playing with hard rock is a good idea since it gives less feedback if you aren't already accurate but definitely playing easier files and trying to focus on the acc element more is a good idea, recommend giving this post a read community/forums/topics/1217364?n=1
Well, the ERA Zenith guide is the best guide in my opinion.