forum

Malformed filenames? What does that mean?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iaport
I recently finished hitsounding my map, yet when I try to upload the changes it, I get the message "Error during upload: Malformed beatmap file (incorrect line endings)." Given that, I'm not sure how to proceed with fixing the issue.

My working theory as to why this happened: I was using a HS copier by Sieg, and that may have done something to the files. Even though I can't make sense of the majority of things in the files.

Thanks in advance!
lewski
yup, it's because of the hs copier

if you open each diff in the editor and just press save, the game will give you the correct line endings again

in case you want to avoid the issue in the future, the hs copier in Mapping Tools works correctly
Topic Starter
iaport

lewski wrote:

yup, it's because of the hs copier

if you open each diff in the editor and just press save, the game will give you the correct line endings again

in case you want to avoid the issue in the future, the hs copier in Mapping Tools works correctly
It works again, but the hs copier I used IS from mapping tools.
Zelzatter Zero
I don't recall Sieg contributing to Mapping Tools development anywhere, or maybe EN can't read.
lewski

iaport wrote:

I was using a HS copier by Sieg

iaport wrote:

the hs copier I used IS from mapping tools
make up your mind, mate; Sieg's hs copier is 7 years old and has nothing to do with OliBomby's Mapping Tools as far as i can tell

I've also never heard of anyone having major problems like this with the MT hs copier so sorry but I do not believe that you actually used it instead of the one you originally mentioned