Yes with score multi and extra pp
19.05%
Yes with extra pp
19.05%
Total votes: 21
Polling ended
Topic Starter
AstalFanBoy
What do you think should happen with HR? Personally, I'd like to see it get ranked with score multi and extra pp. We do get more OD and HP so why not?
Kaaruumii
Ranked yes pp and score no that would be too much of a shift for an extreme accuracy meta which a lot of people would hate (especially since we just got a pp rework favoring accuracy players).
Allowing HR without additional score / pp to be ranked is only a good thing to let people try HR out for accuracy training purposes or whatever because there's really no reason it should be unranked, since it would just be the same score calculations as a nomod score vs HR enabled, since all it changes is the judgement window to be smaller anyways.
Topic Starter
AstalFanBoy
while I can see that point, HR also increases the HP value making it more strict towards hitting notes and less manip. Look at STD for example. Sure it changes CS but it still increases the strictness and hp value. An ACC meta wouldn't be a bad thing at all either as it encourages people to be precise and actually learn to hit notes correctly. I think it would be a lot better IMO but that's my thoughts of course
midgy
no it shouldn't the reason being it doesn't make rice files anymore difficult atm just makes your score worse, meanwhile on ln focussed files it becomes much much more difficult to combo on high od so the mod is inherently bias meaning to make it fair they'd need to balance around all of that and that's too much work to be feasible.

i also don't think it would create the acc meta you think it would since people will simply play the mod that gives them the most pp and rewarding more pp for going beyond 99% is an issue in how it would scale for example a 998k score on a file is miles ahead of a 994k but the difference in judges is quite small.

the main reason is works so well in std and even taiko is actually notelocking, if you mess up the beginning of a stream you can't really reliably recover from it but in mania we have multiple lanes that only get locked one at a time making it very manageable to recover from

basically we'd get a poorly balanced mod or no mod and i'd prefer none (although i guess ranked with no score or pp wouldn't cause an issue)
Topic Starter
AstalFanBoy
eh i guess that's a fair argument, I would like to see it get ranked at least tho
RicedCatto
interliser moment