forum

Kantai Collection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
usa
Who else plays this ship daughter simulation game?
Yasen Baka
I've heard about it after finding out it was going to have an anime. I wanted to try it out, but I never got the chance to do so.
Topic Starter
usa

MetalGearSnake wrote:

I've heard about it after finding out it was going to have an anime. I wanted to try it out, but I never got the chance to do so.
yea registering is annoying, but the moe
Navizel
Been trying hard to play this but I can't. teach me pls
Topic Starter
usa

Otonashi07 wrote:

Been trying hard to play this but I can't. teach me pls
I use this wiki: http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
It teaches you everything. If you don't know Japanese, you have to read through and learn from this wiki lol

If it's about registering, I had a lot problems
In the end, I had to use a proxy and register through facebook to get a DMM account
Then you have to go to the kancolle webpage and click the yellow button and register your account for the game
Afterwards, you have to get a spot on a server from the daily lottery
Navizel
iirc when I tried to play this proxy is my problem
OzzyOzrock
all i know is that there's tons of hentai of this game

and it's all i need to know
Topic Starter
usa
some of the proxy servers don't work so you have to switch around til you find one that works =w=
and also, you must know that this game is fully voiced, so you can have one-sided conversations with your ship daughters (´・ω・`)
Tsukimi Luna
I rarely have time to sit in front of my computer to check twitter all day
And wait for the lottery
I really wish i did
I really want to play this
Lack of time noooooooooooo
Topic Starter
usa
yeah lottery is getting harder and more spontaneous lately ;w;
but don't give up hope!

Yasen Baka
I live in PST. I'll have to stay up past midnight just to enter the lottery.

Curse you timezones!
CodeS
Teitoku lvl 30 Reporting in!
Don't Lose Hope!, I got in at my second Lottery back then.
Once you get in, the hard part is Done, you can start using the API link and Flash Projector
The game is really addictive
Topic Starter
usa
yea, this game is super addictive =w=;;

CodeS wrote:

Teitoku lvl 30 Reporting in!

that 25k fuel www
that's a lot of daily grinding
CodeS
I had 56k/ 30k / 22k / 24k
Then I wanted a Nagato and Mutsu and well...

everything went down ;_;
been recovering since that
Topic Starter
usa

CodeS wrote:

I had 56k/ 30k / 22k / 24k
oAo
I can't afford to build or use battleships www
my fleet runs on loli power
CodeS
Those are really good levels, My Main Fleet is a bit lower. best is my Hiei at 50
main Being Kongou, Hiei, Atago, KTKM, Ise, Hiryuu. really expensive main fleet.

With lvl 35-40 DD as backups for Subs maps or Subs PVP, Shimakaze, Samidare, yuudachi, Inazuma, Hibiki. yeah Pretty much I went to PVP for some time with them for powerleveling, also the current Event map is really good for farming exp
I want right now Musashi but... those event maps are way too hard and the regent HP after E2 is just bad.... but that was my fault, Didn't farmed enough buckets..

also you have beaver sama... I want her ;_;
also your Hibiki. you're going for Verniy too?
Topic Starter
usa
I don't have a second fleet ww
this is my only fleet ;; power level in pvp (those BB/CA fleets ;A;)
E3 too hard so i gave up too lol, just trying to save up for next event...

also you have shimakaze... I keep getting beaver sama instead ;w;
and I'm going for Verniy too \:>/
CodeS
Ahaha, I'm going for verniy too, she is cute.
What do you mean by you don't have other fleets. you haven't unlock the Sendai Quest Fleet?
once you unlock that, getting resources is not hard, and Once you unlock the 4 Kongous quest Fleet, everything is just easier.

And well yeah.. stupid event maps, from E3 it just gets retarded, well, they somehow confirmed that we will be able to craft Musashi and others in the future (along with some kind of Marriage system)
Topic Starter
usa
oh I meant I don't have any backup ships ww (except for subs)
I also didn't have enough buckets for E3 but I'm looking forward to the new updates and event \:>/

yes Hibiki is a good daughter =w=7
Tsukimi Luna
what do you do if you have work during 99/100 of the lottery times?? :'(
CodeS
Do you have an account?, ask others for help. some friend or something.
I've done it for 4. the lottery I mean.

Also it's fun how Kancolle it's spreading, I mean, many touhou artist stopped drawing touhou stuff just to focus on Kancolle on Pixiv.
This game is going to be really big in a few years

Also the videos the fans are making are adorable.

Topic Starter
usa
^
my friend in China helped his friends get an acct
if you're really desperate you can buy an acct from taobao or ebay adopt ships from Chinese people
but other than that, you'll have to stalk twitter all day and hope for a good time;;

actually this game is really big in Japan already
there's numerous 4-koma and manga out already, and a scheduled anime
plus all those moe fan stuff like that one \:>/

it's the touhou boom all over again =w=

edit* winter furniture patch \:>/ get your free Christmas tree :D
CodeS
In japan it's Huge already.
but I mean outside japan, it's going to grow as big as Touhou if continue like this.

btw
do you have your Room Xmas Edition?
Tsukimi Luna
If i give you my DMM ID...
You can help me with the lottery? If im very desperate ;-;
I'll need to ask someone to help me </3
CodeS
Contact me In game
These Days I've been staying up really late, So I guess I could help you.
but yeah that, contact me Ingame.
Topic Starter
usa

CodeS wrote:

btw
do you have your Room Xmas Edition?
Sort of, I didn't like the christmas windows too much :x

Yuu-Chii wrote:

If i give you my DMM ID...
You can help me with the lottery? If im very desperate ;-;
I'll need to ask someone to help me </3
I could also try to help you but the lottery times are really bad for me (5-7:30 am)
CodeS
Today Was a good Day

Topic Starter
usa
nice! I want Nagato and Mutsu too but just gonna try to get them from drops ww
the past two days were also very good for me too
shimakaze (finally ;A;), zuihou, zuikaku, and...
CodeS
Nice!
Wich radar is that?
I need to give a break to the poor Isuzus ww.
In other news... I got another Mutsu ;_; , I want Nagato so much, also gz on your Shimakaze, enjoy your OH!
Topic Starter
usa
it's a surface 33 radar \:>/ save the Isuzu ;w;
xD thx, gl on your Nagato!
Kazuo
Just got my key and god i can't unlock expedition mode :(
CodeS
You need 6 Ships on your Fleet to complete the A4 Quest (for record, is the one that gives 50,0,50,0)
You Unlock both expeditions and the second Fleet

In Other news. I have a full fucking fleet of BB all lvl 50, and I can't clear the damn 2-4
Not because is hard, the map is easy as fuck, but because the compass keeps trolling me... I can't reach the boss
Kazuo
got through it now i'm stuck fighting gay planes :(
CodeS
Gay Planes?
what gay planes ahaha.
Kazuo
i'm getting my ass kicked to hard haha
Topic Starter
usa
RNG goddess very tsun =w=
If you have a fleet of all high level destroyers, planes are not a problem, but lvl 50 BB's are (gz! \:>/)
CodeS

Kazuo wrote:

i'm getting my ass kicked to hard haha
use the Line abreast Formation, you just started, so that extra evasion might come handy to evade with destroyers.

if not, try gathering resources to craft good ships, try to boost your ships level in PVP until you're good, I mean, Soon I will have Hiei Kai ni, I have all my fleets, different comps in lvl 40+, and I haven't cleared 2-4, not because I can't, but because I spend so much grinding exp and doing PVP , also if you can, try getting a BB early on, even if will consume resources like crazy, she will help you farming exp in PVP or world maps, and do quest, every quest you can, they're the best for resources early in the game.
Topic Starter
usa
line abreast (horizontal line formation) is very situational though
it is only useful against subs and event maps where you wanted your ships to stay alive until the boss nodes
I would not recommend it with destroyer fleets because even though it gives extra armor and evasion (very little), you suffer with very low damage and accuracy (destroyer's main strength is in night battle, and line abreast basically nerfs it since the accuracy is reduced so much)
early on, you want to focus on getting S's in hopes of getting better drops/ships, and line ahead (vertical line) is better than line abreast at doing this

getting a battleship early helps with getting S's also, but if you get a crap battleship not worth leveling (ie aviation battleships) you're putting a lot of early mid game exp into a worthless ship
not to mention all the resource drain early on
pvp is a great source of exp mid late game, so don't level ships that are bad too much early on or else you'll fall behind later
Kazuo
it's so unfair these misses, and till night time all my ships are already wrecked and i have to run -_-
guess i'll try to farm better ships then
submarines are no go?
also thanks for the tips
Topic Starter
usa
yea RNG is a pain no matter how well you equip your ships and how well you choose a formation =w=
early on, you can afford to just wreck your fleet since the repair time is low
once you have ships with more armor and evasion, you can start taking more risks but for now, you have to play it safe ;;

for crafting, there's two routes new players can take
1) early battleship craft, which kills your resources and playtime
2) submarine/rare destroyer craft

submarines are very useful in bot sorties because they tend to soak up all the damage since destroyers, light cruisers, and light aircraft carriers are forced to attack them
also submarine get increased evasion and take much reduced damage in night battles, so they're great in a destroyer fleet
so if you get one early on, they are very good and you should use them since you'll usually end up having to repair one sub after a sortie (and they have low repair time and repair resource consumption so you can grind like crazy)

the three destroyers that are dropped in world 1 that you should watch out for are:
1) Shigure
2) Yuudachi
3) Hibiki
(Shimakaze and Yukikaze you probably won't get from boss drops)

shigure and yuudachi are very good destroyers that basically become heavy cruisers in their kai-2 form
hibiki is the weakest out of the 5 great destroyers with the highest 2nd remodel lvl, but still better than all the other crap destroyers

hope this helps and gl! =w=7
CodeS

usa wrote:

l
I would not recommend it with destroyer fleets because even though it gives extra armor and evasion (very little), you suffer with very low damage and accuracy (destroyer's main strength is in night battle, and line abreast basically nerfs it since the accuracy is reduced so much)
Line Abreast Increases Acc.
he is Not surviving, doesn't matter how much damage he pulls is worth nothing if you don't get with enough life to the night.
He should use Diamond is the main problem are Aircraft
Line ahead si the WORST line for aircraft.

but if you get a crap battleship not worth leveling (ie aviation battleships) you're putting a lot of early mid game exp into a worthless ship
say that to my Fusou wrecking ass all the time in PVP.

it's so unfair these misses, and till night time all my ships are already wrecked and i have to run -_-
guess i'll try to farm better ships then
submarines are no go?
also thanks for the tips
Submarines are fine as long as you get them sparkling and with turbines and when the enemies doesn't use Sonars / depth charges later on, don't Worry about it, , remember, this is NOT a competitive game, this a browsing 1 player game with some online add ons, so if you think a ship is cute or want it, go for it, doesn't matter stats or anything else, My Full stat and full gear Fuso is just great, doesn't matter if her stats are not the best, this game is mostly a waifu simulator ship than anything else.

leveling ships to 50 is easy as pie as soon as you have a fleet in rotation, pvp helps with this,

When I started I did 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3, stopped to gather resources, then crafted, got my Fusou, she helped me a bit for PVP and then I could focus on getting my third fleet, as soon as I could I started farming 3 and 5, then I changed to 5 and 9. after that I never had resource problems again.

I keep crafting and doing dailys, my fleet has been Full of BB, CA, CV, since the start, and never had problems, the only times when I had problems was when I started crafting like crazy to get shimakaze and then for my Nagato a few days ago, yeah it was resource depleting, but farming 3 (every 20 mins) and 5 helps with this, I have already every ship I want but Nagato (well and some upgrades like Vernyi, 11 lvls to go) and haven't lost a single ship.
After that It's been really easy, a few days ago after the event ended, I went and did from 1-4 to 2-4 in 1 shot everything until 2-4 because compass a shit, I cleared it 40 mins ago. now I'm focusing on farming resources again (I want 90k fuel, only 30k to go) , and farming buckets.

They Key here is again, take your time, gather resources, exp your ships in early maps (o 1-2, 1-3, my Early BB thanks you) and pvp, get the ships you want, enjoy it, don't rush it because you will end sinking a ship .
Topic Starter
usa
I run a destroyer feet, lowest lvl 64
I've been running it for a month, with no swapping
I've also done a lot of experimentation

line abreast "increased acc" can't be compared to line ahead' "increased acc"
in night battles with DESTROYERS and line ahead, my ships hit 75-80% of the time on the same map while with line ahead it's reduced to 50% or lower
acc is generally 10% lower in day battles then in night for both
in pvp, this becomes worse with higher level ships with more considerable evasion

line abreast gives increased armor that's somewhat significant but you trade off with a significant damage reduction
not to mention the amount of increased evasion is laughable because the evasion stat is hilariously bad (increase in acc>>>>increase in evasion)
when trying to hedge against RNG with such minute increases, it's not worth considering

what he should do is to kill off all the other ships and grind S's
line ahead does that the best, even if it is costly (this is world 1 anyways, it's mainly destroyers and light cruisers that you can kill during the day)
when choosing formations, there a lot of to take into consideration so it would take too long to discuss (ie ship class's strengths and weakness, trade offs between different formations)
but whatever works for him, line abreast has been absolutely shit for me in most cases

also pvp is retarded with people leaving 1 or 2 ships, or a bunch of low level ships
with sparkle buff and randomized formations for the enemy ships, it's so easy to win in pvp
I've killed off lvl 50 BB/CA fleets but that doesn't mean anything until they implement proper matchmaking (I've one shot a lvl 62 yamashiro with my yuudachi, lol what)
CodeS

usa wrote:

I also Have a Full fleet of extra DD, all around 50, still not see the Point of this comment, because the post of how I've play til now wasn't even for you. (I should've split that post actually)

You said post ago, that you couldn't affort BB, unless in this 2 weeks you got a full fleet, got them to high level and did proper experimentation, also how the fuck you did them without swapping?
Unless you're talking about the Formations effects on DD's, if that's the case then I said Nothing

Line ahead - Offensive formation that greatly increases all damage and decreases armor. Weak against aircraft, especially weak to submarines.
From Wiki.

in night battles with DESTROYERS and line ahead, my ships hit 75-80% of the time on the same map while with line ahead it's reduced to 50% or lower
uhm?

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Combat
>Effect of Ship Damage.

in pvp, this becomes worse with higher level ships with more considerable evasion

line abreast gives increased armor that's somewhat significant but you trade off with a significant damage reduction
not to mention the amount of increased evasion is laughable because the evasion stat is hilariously bad (increase in acc>>>>increase in evasion)
when trying to hedge against RNG with such minute increases, it's not worth considering
ok

Nobody Has said the contrary.

but whatever works for him, line abreast has been absolutely shit for me in most cases
He said he is having problem with aircraft ("gay planes") I still fail to see where is all this Line Ahead shit is coming, I never said it was bad, I said it was bad for aircraft
I use both Line ahead and Line abreast and I fully understand the adv of both.

also pvp is retarded with people leaving 1 or 2 ships, or a bunch of low level ships
Anyone smart would use these gentlemans to boost their expeditions income.

with sparkle buff and randomized formations for the enemy ships, it's so easy to win in pvp
That's why I said before to use it for exp.

I've killed off lvl 50 BB/CA fleets but that doesn't mean anything until they implement proper matchmaking (I've one shot a lvl 62 yamashiro with my yuudachi, lol what)
And I be cleared almost entire DD fleets with my Carriers in PVP before even the battle started.
not that it means shit or proves anything, you just said that winning in PVP is easy.

You Should truly Chill out and Re-read everything I've said, because again, I fail to see where is all this coming from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, 80 hour expedition here I go
Topic Starter
usa

CodeS wrote:

usa wrote:

It's just to show that I have been running a destroyer fleet for a long time, and that what's gonna come next is coming from my experience
I couldn't afford BB because I was busy grinding this main fleet, which I've been running for a little more than a week by the time i posted that \:>/

yea I can't agree with the wiki
everything seems to check out with the formation descriptions, until it gets to accuracy
for some reason, I remember seeing increased acc for line ahead on the wiki, but guess not as it seems to be used as a baseline for accuracy
from my experience, line ahead>>line abreast in accuracy
I've been grinding 2-4 for probably around 200 sorties with the same fleet (line abreast probably 20 times), and I just can't see how line abreast has increased acc
in day battles it's more subtle, but in night battles holy crap line abreast definitely misses more
then again accuracy gets really muddy and hard to grasp with RNG and ship types so yea maybe I'm wrong even with this number of sorties
but I really can't trust the wiki on that;;

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Combat
>Effect of Ship Damage.
My ships are green. I don't even consider damaged ships because I don't expect anything from them;;

This was hard to explain because once again RNG. I've been experimenting with turbines and surface radars, and my consensus is that +20 evasion~10% dodge rate.
High level ships will have higher evasions in the 15-25, which will have different starting and grow rate for evasion for each class ship. That's considerable.
Evasion increases with line abreast on the other hand was barely observable, just no.

Nobody Has said the contrary.
I'm just emphasizing it since line ahead has worked best for me and my friends in this regard

He said he is having problem with aircraft ("gay planes") I still fail to see where is all this Line Ahead shit is coming, I never said it was bad, I said it was bad for aircraft
I use both Line ahead and Line abreast and I fully understand the adv of both.
I deleted the explanation but I guess I'll put it in again.
Carriers are glass cannons, I feel as though they have the highest base crit chance out of all the ship types, while also being the biggest crit magnets.
They also seem to have low accuracy as well.
Take this to your advantage with line ahead.
During day battles, you have to wipe out all the weenie ships and leave the large ones to crit kill at night.

Sure your ships will get murdered in the beginning, but from whenever i used diamond,there is a clear drop in crit chance (as in my ships do no or maybe 1 crit out of all their hits).
Like I've lost pvp matches against carrier fleets that I should have won against just because of diamond giving no crit.
It doesn't seem to reduce the number of airplanes either.
Diamond is only recommended in the wiki because the people probably have been using mainly BB's that can kill even without crit.
So for destroyer fleets with no BB, you have no choice but to use line ahead since diamond gives you no crit, and line abreast can't save you from crit planes.

Anyone smart would use these gentleman to boost their expeditions income.
That's why I said before to use it for exp.
And I be cleared almost entire DD fleets with my Carriers in PVP before even the battle started.
not that it means shit or proves anything, you just said that winning in PVP is easy.

The point of the pvp rant was that since it's so easy to win, it's easy to forget about ships tiers.
You can't always hope to catch people when they are not on kancolle and leave behind feeder ships
Sometimes, you'll have to engage their high level main fleet which is delicious exp
When you have similar type ships with similar levels and modernizations, you want to have the best ships with stat differences in the 10-30s compared to lower tier ships
Why settle for anything less than the best? Especially early on as it will only hurt you

You Should truly Chill out and Re-read everything I've said, because again, I fail to see where is all this coming from.
Sorry I got heated because I wanted to discuss about formations;;
my bad;; hf with that 900 baux
Kazuo
this world isn't fair
CodeS

Kazuo wrote:

this world isn't fair
Do 3 and 5, that is the key, you just started so you cannot do both, so focus on 3
3 only needs 3 ships in your second fleet, so 3 DD's works, with the flagship being lvl 3, 5 only needs 4 ships with 1 CL, remembers to refill them before sending them again.
but 3 is good at the beginning because is only 20 mins, so you can spam it.
Do Quest.
Don't craft til you have 2k or something, then slowly slowly work on goals.
Yasen Baka
Well, I did it. I managed to get in through the lottery, and I'm able to play now. So excited.
Kazuo

MetalGearSnake wrote:

Well, I did it. I managed to get in through the lottery, and I'm able to play now. So excited.
good luck, you'll need it...
Topic Starter
usa

Kazuo wrote:

this world isn't fair
Also unlock expedition 9 asap (4 ships, 1 CL and 2 DD, lvl 3 flagship)
It's 4 hrs, gives 350 fuel and 0-2 buckets
It's a good way to farm fuel by doing it before you sleep or log off for a while

MetalGearSnake wrote:

gratz! \:>/
Kazuo
im farming on 5 and trying to build at least one BB
also, sparkling ships bonuses stacks?
show more