forum

True CTB GOAT?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackDoggo
Just discovered that Magnus Carlsen (the Current World Chess Champion) won't be defending his title this year and I found tons of comments about stuff like "Imagine being World Champion but knowing there is someone out there better than you."

I wonder if this is kinda similar to CTB with how Exgon was the undisputed number 1 player for years then just stopped farming pp, leading to others taking the #1 spot. Is this also the case with other osu game modes or am I just imagining things?

(I dont speak english that well sorry if u dont understand)
Nikolai
it's exgon
CatzerTM
The issue with that is how do you definitively prove who the best player is? If you're going just only off ranks then Exgon is far from being the best player but a top player nonetheless. Being #1 does not have to mean suddenly being the best especially in the context of osu where certain playstyles are more awarding than others. a player that mains HR is going to be awarded more than a player that main EZ or HD or a mix of the two. doesn't mean the HR player is better than the EZ player nor is it fair to compare the two since they require different skillset.

Players that were once #1 have come and gone. it's normal, doesn't mean they're less good. Exgon is still a phenomenal despite being less active nowadays whether or not you still him as the true #1 player that's up to you
Topic Starter
JackDoggo
Ah I see. Thanks for replying to my dumb question fren
[ Potemkin ]
ExGon
Rigbyuis
being good at something does not only require " raw skill " but dedication. as you say, exgon stopped trying, meaning that he stopped dedicating so much time to the game. ymd, in this time, also has what exgon had (unbeatable scores, pp miles and stuff)

what you say about carlsen its kinda similar too.

but, if it was for raw skill, and in my personal opinion, exgon now could also be rivaled by some of the current top players