forum

Thinking of buying a new kb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheAngryNerd101
The title speaks for itself. I've been (heavily) using the same Logitech K120 membrane keyboard for well over a year and 4 months now, both for mania and for general uses like typing. I've accumulated roughly 7,000,000 total hits according to osu! and I feel like this thing is already wearing down and is negatively affecting my performance. I've felt this way for a few months now.

The actuation force is 65 grams and somehow I feel like it's been increasing over time. The keys now have a funky feel to them, and occasionally it feels like they just get "stuck" and I have to press down extra hard to activate them (happens especially with the space bar). I can't have long sessions or do fast streams or stamina because of this, my hands just exhaust themselves too quickly. And before anyone asks, yes, I do take breaks (sometimes 1 or 2 days), so this isn't a hand related issue. And yes, I have tried stamina and speed training, it hasn't worked (._.). Hence why I can't S We Luv Lama after 9 months of trying.

Because of that, I decided it would be a good idea to focus on setting accuracy scores, which worked well for several months... The problem is the occasional latency and consistent chord splitting, it can't send inputs within the same polling cycle consistently (clear 8ms splits. it splits at least one key every time, I can't do anything about it). This makes setting 1M scores on here and AAAA's on Etterna very difficult for me.

The last thing I want to mention is how it doesn't even send inputs and releases LN's on its own on rare occasions. I'm not sure if it's the board's fault or mine for not pressing hard enough, but so far this has been my biggest gripe... other than the key rollover making it impossible to hit 7 keys at once and inputs not sending at all while pressing multiple keys with certain keybinds (X_X).

So what would you guys suggest? Should I buy a new keyboard and make the transition over to mechanical? Or do you think that my keyboard works just fine and that I just have a skill issue?
bananahira

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

The title speaks for itself. I've been (heavily) using the same Logitech K120 membrane keyboard for well over a year and 4 months now, both for mania and for general uses like typing. I've accumulated roughly 7,000,000 total hits according to osu! and I feel like this thing is already wearing down and is negatively affecting my performance. I've felt this way for a few months now.

The actuation force is 65 grams and somehow I feel like it's been increasing over time. The keys now have a funky feel to them, and occasionally it feels like they just get "stuck" and I have to press down extra hard to activate them (happens especially with the space bar). I can't have long sessions or do fast streams or stamina because of this, my hands just exhaust themselves too quickly. And before anyone asks, yes, I do take breaks (sometimes 1 or 2 days), so this isn't a hand related issue. And yes, I have tried stamina and speed training, it hasn't worked (._.). Hence why I can't S We Luv Lama after 9 months of trying.

Because of that, I decided it would be a good idea to focus on setting accuracy scores, which worked well for several months... The problem is the occasional latency and consistent chord splitting, it can't send inputs within the same polling cycle consistently (clear 8ms splits. it splits at least one key every time, I can't do anything about it). This makes setting 1M scores on here and AAAA's on Etterna very difficult for me.

The last thing I want to mention is how it doesn't even send inputs and releases LN's on its own on rare occasions. I'm not sure if it's the board's fault or mine for not pressing hard enough, but so far this has been my biggest gripe... other than the key rollover making it impossible to hit 7 keys at once and inputs not sending at all while pressing multiple keys with certain keybinds (X_X).

So what would you guys suggest? Should I buy a new keyboard and make the transition over to mechanical? Or do you think that my keyboard works just fine and that I just have a skill issue?

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

get a GK61 gatheron yellow switches is my recomendation, but if you want to get a little spicy on it, you can check Tokaku's video on keyboards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZVmr9fyng&t=43s
or check this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hNMXn_nkpXZIpDHZBcp95E7OweL4594_WDLCY_vTvm0/edit#gid=395393592
Topic Starter
TheAngryNerd101

bananahira wrote:

get a GK61 gatheron yellow switches is my recomendation, but if you want to get a little spicy on it, you can check Tokaku's video on keyboards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZVmr9fyng&t=43s
or check this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hNMXn_nkpXZIpDHZBcp95E7OweL4594_WDLCY_vTvm0/edit#gid=395393592
Thanks for the spreadsheet! For me personally the Logitech G610 looks really promising, although rather high in price for my taste. I might get that one, actually. :D
The Vegeto
get ducky one two mini its really popular and a lot of poeple use it such as yuma osu