forum

hand movement disorders

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
spensir
wondering if there are people who also play mania who have congenital mirror movement disorder in the hands? Where both hands will try to mimic each other to some extent while moving fingers :)
StrawBerryTea
2 years late but i'm glad i finally found someone with the same disorder.
i have played mania but the issue here wasn't that big because i just lifted my fingers high enough so i wouldn't accidentally press the wrong key.
osu standart is a whole other level of difficulty to me. i'm considering switching to a mouse one day because hitting streams or singletapping while holding a pen messes up my aim really bad :(
kingofthecybers
i also got it and i know how hard it is, what i recommend doing is having a slower pace than the rest of the osu community without this.

even though i have joined a week and a few days ago i did have this realization before hand so i kind of just started out on easier rhythm games like fnf and shit, and then when i felt like i progressed enough i moved onto here.

what i am currently doing is this:
1. practicing MULTIPLE beatmaps with an order - this order can be whatever you please at the very start but you must stick with it through out until you beat the next star difficulty.
2. once you beat a star difficulty practice the one you just beat with a new order of beatmaps, if you do not have enough beatmaps then just install more.

its quite a simple step in progress and i found it quite helpful, i just recently beat a 4.6 star as a new osu player following this method.

(NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW YOUR SKILL LEVEL NOR YOUR OPINION ON THIS, I DO NOT KNOW THE OUTCOME ONCE YOU TRY THIS OUT OR IF YOU ALREADY ARE)