forum

[added] Permatoggle multiplayer scoreboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Yarissa
The idea is as the title suggests: permatoggling multiplayer scoreboards. Additionally it would be nice to be able to toggle the ranking watermark in the bottom right of your screen while playing multiplayer. This would be a great addition, especially before OWC!
jesse1412
Already requested and denied because it's "not in the spirit of multiplayer" or something.

But yes this would be great for the OWC to help avoid the stress of fumbling for the hide key which some people may not have bound or may keep far away from their general playing keys.
Marcin
I'll kinda hold with denying this, since it is OWC related. So.. yeah, waiting for response of peppy.
TheVileOne
People have plenty of time to disable it. This is not a very persuasive argument.

This sounds harmless to me. It doesn't even need to be a config settings. Peppy could save the config space and have it be a virtual setting that resets you close the game. My memory is fuzzy at the moment. I don't remember having to reset the toggle when I change maps. Isn't this behavior already suitable for OWC?

<I don't toggle the scoreboard very often>

Please clarify whether you are asking for the multiplayer rank list to be toggle off entirely. It is not clear to me.
AmaiHachimitsu
People have plenty of time to disable it. This is not a very persuasive argument.
You can disable it only when the map actually starts, so NO, you can't always switch it off.

Multiplayer scoreboard, in the contrary to solo one, appears ALWAYS during multiplayer match and you must disable it manually every map.
I don't think there is any argumentation needed, it would be useful and that's all. Letting the player choose if scoreboard should be on is a good idea IMHO.
jesse1412

TheVileOne wrote:

This sounds harmless to me. It doesn't even need to be a config settings. Peppy could save the config space and have it be a virtual setting that resets you close the game. My memory is fuzzy at the moment. I don't remember having to reset the toggle when I change maps. Isn't this behavior already suitable for OWC?

<I don't toggle the scoreboard very often>

Please clarify whether you are asking for the multiplayer rank list to be toggle off entirely. It is not clear to me.

I didn't have the key bound but this problem has forced me to bind it, you have to set the toggle off every time in mp, so yes it is a problem. You certainly don't have plenty of time either, some maps give you about half a second before play time starts; this can be really bad if your toggle key is bound to something far away to make sure you don't accidentally toggle the scoreboard (I use "/" so I either have to drop my pen or be prepared to scramble for my keyboard keys after toggling).

Scoreboard can't be toggled until after the fun spoiler settings phase has passed. We're asking for it to be the same as single player, you toggle it off once and it remains off until you toggle it on or get to a break in the song.
TheVileOne
Well you guys have my support for this idea. At the very least you should be able to disable it during Visual Settings.
Topic Starter
Yarissa
Every time a new multiplayer match starts, you are forced to toggle the scoreboard. Sometimes it's not exactly opportune to press your scoreboard toggle key, or the match will start right after the "Waiting for players" notification fades and you can't even toggle it. I find seeing the other player's scores (and the crown in team vs) really really distracting when playing multiplayer. I keep habitually checking the scores and messing up my own combos

Also since you can already toggle it at the start of a match I don't see how it's not "in the spirit of multiplayer"
Zare
yes please
peppy
Setting is stored between multiplayer matches, but reset on restarting osu!. Hopefully this will satisfy most.