forum

[invalid] Disable VisualSettings at the start of the song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Abel
So since every option in VisualSetting has a *duplicate in osu's options, why don't we disable that bar?

SPOILER

You can see that VisualSettings bar its usseless

If the VisualSettings Bar its dissabled, we can start the song instantantly instead of waiting 5-10 secconds before EACH DAMN PLAY
you can already set those settings( No skin/ No SB/ Custom skin sounds / the dim thing/ no video... I MISS THE MOD ;_:) in osu settings so the VisualSettings bar at the start of each play its kinda usseless, why not disable it? (faster start )
edit 1
So I talked with someone who can help with this
OFC Winshley :3 and he told me :
But he is not shure of this
I will apply the same formula I told him
so an osu! song have like... 50kb weight more or less, the mp3 its 3-4 Mb, the BG 500kb
thats already 4-5mb
If the beatmap have SB and custom skin
SB or video = 2,3,4,5 MB as max
Skin= 3-4MB
So skin+sb+beatmap and all that stuff = like 20 mb to load
I suppose that osu can read at least 20mb/s
If that deppends of your PC, I am shure that it is capable, I am running a potato (Spects http://puu.sh/57ec4.png http://puu.sh/57edz.png )
and it loading everything perfectly, so for the normal/good PC I think that it will load in much less than 1 seccond,
And For the bad PC, I am shure that they Will have visuals disabled (skin/sounds/video/ etc etc disabled) so it doesnt require to load 20mb, only the 4mb of Mp3 + Beatmap +BG so you dont have to worry about them
Any pros or contra?

Since so many people use this Visual setting, we can leave it, but at least, delete the waiting time, those 5-10 secconds you have to wait each time playing a beatmap

(I add this to clear the thing that I am damn tyred of playing the same song for rank #1 it with FL or just to rank it but I cant so I do like 30 - 40 retrys and everytime I have to wait 10 secconds or more since I have a bad pc that the song starts, so this frustates me alot)
(Also wanted to add, PEPPY FIX THE ALT+TAB CRASH THING ;_;, osu! crashed 4 times like that when I made this post, the pics and all that stuff)
Oinari-sama
No thanks. I don't necessarily want to play every song with the same default.

And 5-10s is relatively short compared to the time you wait for others to download maps anyway.
Topic Starter
Abel

Oinari-sama wrote:

No thanks. I don't necessarily want to play every song with the same default.

And 5-10s is relatively short compared to the time you wait for others to download maps anyway.
I had to include that its for solo only,
also, if you dont want to, just go to options and enable/disable any visual function, like in any game
Oinari-sama
You've edited the OP quite a bit, but it became harder to read.

So just to clarify: are you asking for a toggle to bypass visual setting panel, or are you asking to completely remove visual setting panel from solo?

Like I said in previous post, I do not necessarily play every map with the same default. I play some maps with original settings, some I had to disable skin and some I disable SB/Skin + 70% dim. That will no longer be possible if the visual setting panel is removed and I have to make a trip to Options for every song, which is absurd.
Topic Starter
Abel

Oinari-sama wrote:

You've edited the OP quite a bit, but it became harder to read.

So just to clarify: are you asking for a toggle to bypass visual setting panel, or are you asking to completely remove visual setting panel from solo?

Like I said in previous post, I do not necessarily play every map with the same default. I play some maps with original settings, some I had to disable skin and some I disable SB/Skin + 70% dim. That will no longer be possible if the visual setting panel is removed and I have to make a trip to Options for every song, which is absurd.
yes, my request its that those visual settings dissappear from there and allow an instant start of the game/replay
also, wtf, going to options isnt such a long trip (esc + click +click and done)
_koinuri

Abel wrote:

It is if you have to go every map you play.. And what about multiplayer? Do we have to leave the room every time the map is picked? >.>

I change settings depending on the map too (raising dim to 50% ish for maps with good storyboard, 20% dim for cool background or video, only remove skins that I find very distracting, etc), and it would slow me down more than the possible speed up this feature would bring.
deadbeat

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I change settings depending on the map too
this. personally, i have different setting for different maps. it's better having the Visual Settings at the start of the song as well as the global override
Topic Starter
Abel

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

Abel wrote:

It is if you have to go every map you play.. And what about multiplayer? Do we have to leave the room every time the map is picked? >.>

I change settings depending on the map too (raising dim to 50% ish for maps with good storyboard, 20% dim for cool background or video, only remove skins that I find very distracting, etc), and it would slow me down more than the possible speed up this feature would bring.
I think I sayed that its solo only, in a comment

deadbeat wrote:

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I change settings depending on the map too
this. personally, i have different setting for different maps. it's better having the Visual Settings at the start of the song as well as the global override
Since so many persons USE this setting, ok, we forgot about disabling it, but at least, disable the 5-10 secconds of nothing that we have EACH DAMN TIME we retry or play a song, that its usseless.
Full Tablet
If you don't open the Visual Settings panel, the game doesn't wait before playing the map (except the lead-in time, which would be there even without Visual Settings).
In that mean time the game is actually loading and processing the beatmap (the process is more than just loading the beatmap files from the Hard Drive).
TheVileOne
To my knowledge the delay only happens when starting a song. If you retry, the delay doesn't occur. I suggest retrying instead of finishing. Ctr+R even skips the map for you.
Topic Starter
Abel

TheVileOne wrote:

To my knowledge the delay only happens when starting a song. If you retry, the delay doesn't occur. I suggest retrying instead of finishing. Ctr+R even skips the map for you.
its alot faster to esc+click retry, thats how I am retrying a map, the ctrl+r thing its just too much work, please, why everybody its against this request?
Topic Starter
Abel

Full Tablet wrote:

If you don't open the Visual Settings panel, the game doesn't wait before playing the map (except the lead-in time, which would be there even without Visual Settings).
In that mean time the game is actually loading and processing the beatmap (the process is more than just loading the beatmap files from the Hard Drive).
When you start playing a map, or retrying it, it appears a circle in the middle, that its there for like 5-10 secconds, in the older version it wasnt, and I think most of HD can read more than 20mb/s, check the formula I added before
Zare
We're against it because it's not a good idea
No support here as well
deadbeat
gonna deny, only Abel seems to want this