forum

Desert Tempest HD/SD (STD, Mania, Taiko, CTB) 16:9

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Syvatzia
Skinned for the Chromatic Alteration contest (Deuteranopia)

Credits:
--- All assets drawn by me with the help of the right brushes (wow they make a difference) - except OSU!'s mode icons (from Lazer)
--- hitsounds: Moonshine 2.0 (hitsounds are still beyond me.. I did try)

(first time posting skin, let me know if I need to add/fix things)
RockRoller
Here is some feedback regarding your skin, both positive and negative things

Feedback

Forum Post

1. weird to host the images on github, especially since its the only file in the repository, which is pointing at imgur images.. Would be better to just embed the imgur images directly or link to the imgur album

Skin - ingame

1. mode selection: catch icon is rotated
  2. the selection-mode-over says "mode" while all other buttons have some icon instead, weird inconsistency
  3. I like that there is something going trough the middle of the screen
  4. ranking panel: voting stars,"save replay" and "add to favourites" button are missing cutouts
  5. pause/fail: pause-arrow is missing
Topic Starter
Syvatzia

RockRoller wrote:

Here is some feedback regarding your skin, both positive and negative things

Feedback

Forum Post

1. weird to host the images on github, especially since its the only file in the repository, which is pointing at imgur images.. Would be better to just embed the imgur images directly or link to the imgur album

Skin - ingame

1. mode selection: catch icon is rotated
  2. the selection-mode-over says "mode" while all other buttons have some icon instead, weird inconsistency
  3. I like that there is something going trough the middle of the screen
  4. ranking panel: voting stars,"save replay" and "add to favourites" button are missing cutouts
  5. pause/fail: pause-arrow is missing
Thank you! Fixed everything I think :)
Aphelion-
that appplause.wav is very creative I love it <3

though those hitscores in taiko (300, 100, miss) could be better. I doesn't distract like usual taiko skin issues but also doesn't enough to tell player if they got 100 (but miss still tolerated as the taiko bar on top)

Good luck and overall I already love this skin
Topic Starter
Syvatzia

Aphelion- wrote:

that appplause.wav is very creative I love it <3

though those hitscores in taiko (300, 100, miss) could be better. I doesn't distract like usual taiko skin issues but also doesn't enough to tell player if they got 100 (but miss still tolerated as the taiko bar on top)

Good luck and overall I already love this skin
Okay, I'll go take a look at that and see if I can make them slightly more noticeable but still not obnoxious.
Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you like the skin! <3
[ M E G ]
how do i download this
-roki

LOL_MEGALOL wrote:

how do i download this
It's on the 1st picture at the bottom left
JustABeginner
Hi!
Taking some time to review your skins (last minute). Here's what I have to say in general:

Positive Review
- Nice taiko drum design.
- Interesting theme.

Improvement
! Profile stats are hard to read.
! Fruit drops isn't sync with fruits, resulting a bad combination in the result screen.

Suggestion
~ None here.

That's all.
Congrats upon participating in a skinning contest! c: