forum

Does anybody know how to hitsound?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vidrogue
so this is like my fifth map i took seriously and i just dont know how to hitsound, its a crucial part of getting it ranked and stuff. i just find it really hard to hitsound bc i dont know what to listen for. does anybody have tips?

beatmapsets/1822204#osu/3739124
Eni
Check out some of the hitsounding guides here: community/forums/topics/722865

Most mappers will hitsound the drums then add whistles for things like vocals and melodies.
Shiraya Sayuki
So for starter, any song has kick and snares into right, and for that you should add normal hitnormals and soft hitclaps (or just claps) on the notes/slider notes that land on the beat. Then use hitwhistle to emphasize the changing sounds in the song, like use normal hit-whistle to express emphasies in certain sounds on electronic songs,
and add hit-finishes when the song suggests it ofc (easier with no edm style songs) and use soft hitwhistle for to represent the vocals. There's more behind it but this the starter I'd say.
Livermorium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lucqcAHrqeM&ab_channel=osu%21Sonnyc watch this and just trying hsing a bit.
and when your comfortable with what hes saying you can probably look at the guides and try adding custom samples and stuff. just trying hitsounding and it shouldnt be too hard to get rankable hitsound with some effort