forum

What do I need for my map to be at least loved?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HoroHoro
Technically it's finished, but we don't know how the ranking system works, can someone help me?

beatmapsets/1237775#osu/2573410
9ups
srsly, if ppl nominate it, and got voted, it's loved.
THAT_otaku
For your map to be ranked it needs to meet the standards of at least wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria the ranking criteria. Then you can follow this process: wiki/en/Beatmap_ranking_procedure

for loved, have a look through wiki/en/Community/Project_Loved
smolship
Loved maps need at least 30 favourites and 30s drain time without needing to follow ranking criteria. Just needs to be good enough to get the votes.
[[[[[[
Getting your map loved is actually much harder than getting your map ranked, you must make a super good and/or fun, wait 'til the map got famous (which would be like a year minimum), wishing the reviewers and the voter to like the map, until the map get loved, within that time you can just make a full set on a cool song and try to ask two bns to rank the map.
sayucat_
ranked maps are objectively better than most loved maps so just dont aim for loved :pepega:
i am very gay

dPeace wrote:

Getting your map loved is actually much harder than getting your map ranked, you must make a super good and/or fun, wait 'til the map got famous (which would be like a year minimum), wishing the reviewers and the voter to like the map, until the map get loved, within that time you can just make a full set on a cool song and try to ask two bns to rank the map.
loved you get mmrek to play it
abraker
Maps that get loved are ones that have aged like fine wine. It needs to be a map that's played often, well known, and be fun or give a challenge. A map being loved is not something to be asked for but obtained simply by existing for some time among those factors. Like a a carefully cultivated fruit that has been ripened and now ready to be picked.

- Marco -

abraker wrote:

Maps that get loved are ones that have aged like fine wine. It needs to be a map that's played often, well known, and be fun or give a challenge. A map being loved is not something to be asked for but obtained simply by existing for some time among those factors. Like a a carefully cultivated fruit that has been ripened and now ready to be picked.

10/10 explanation, i cried

Rigbyuis
loved and ranked are a lot different on the ways they work. loved its not an alternative option to ranked, its a different stuff.

to get a map ranked, you have to contact 2 beatmap nominators and from then, making sure your map it's rankable and fun (with modding process) and when everything it's ok, the map should be ranked

biva shileee
Shiraya Sayuki
For loved maps, you should map something that the community would like (any gimmick, any hitsound stuff, anything that's not like a ranked map). After that you'll need to submit to the loved site (check last announcement there's should be a link to their submission site). After that, your map needs to get voted by the community (players and mappers alike). After this, if your map surpasses the threshold of 85-90% (I don't remember correctly) your map will be moved to loved.