forum

Inaba Tei v2 (mania - circles)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Atsumin

~ v2: a simpler, cleaner approach ~

It's been almost a year since I released Inaba Tei v1, but eventually I had to go back on track and make the v2 this skin deserved! Indeed, it's a way simpler and elegant skin, not as overskinned and bright as the last one. I used an almost empty bojii skin as a mold for all the rest. It almost (almost) has a professional look, being honest. Hope you enjoy this skin ♡♡♡

I can say I'm proud with this project as a whole (v1 and v2 altogether).

~ so, what changed from v1? ~

1. New HUD! new color palette and feel, now softer and easier on the eyes. I reused some icons and assets but mostly everything is new. Even added a cute gl hf edit above the menu for each time you select a song!
  2. New sounds directly taken from Mario Kart DS soundfiles. Yep, you heard that right. It fits really good, go try it out! + Silent hitsounds for gameplay because I know how bad it gets...
  3. Almost every single number and letter is hand drawn by me and my tablet! Even the SS, S, A, B, C and D rank!
  4. Gameplay HUD: bigger circles for mania, just better than v1's in my opinion. No lifebar, we don't need that, do or die. Combo is way below the receptors, it's not crucial to have it in front of the notes. Miss text says the F word, reinforcing a healthy gaming mindset. 草
  5. (this isn't exactly new, but rather I switched some sounds regarding this:) All anime voices (welcome, failsound, combobreak and applause) are from the seiyuus that voiced Tewi and Reisen in Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime: Musou Kakyou (Yuka Iguchi and Sayuri Yahagi respectively).
  6. Mania only skin now! sorry folks, but I'm a humble mania player and skinning 3 modes like I did on v1 is just too tiring and quality will clearly drop. I'll stick with what I know...
  7. File size drastically reduced from ~150MB to ~26MB... (phew)

~ screenshots + video showcase ~

~ download the skin here! ~

~ mediafire / g drive ~

(26.93MB)

I'm not sharing the PS files this time, sorry! Probably no one will want them anyway + these are very heavy files. Just not worth it.

~ new stuff! ~

Adrig3 made an 800x600 resolution edit for those low res fellas! Thanks so much! Download it here ~
~ mediafire ~

~ afterword from the creator ~

first, some credit for the artists featured on this skin
  1. tsukiori - most of all the art (I love their style so much)
  2. opuna - all mod icons
  3. washiwa-chan - menu back button (animation made by me)
  4. yushika - pause screen (just found out it's Reisen lol)
    I may have left someone but I tried my best to keep an artist consistency throughout the whole thing so there are not as many artists as you might think

As much as I loved making these skin projects, I don't think I will make more skins for this character again. I invested tons of hours on this character alone (not only on skins), and maybe it's time to finally move on. I made my first skin around a year ago and a year later I did this, so I'm expecting another one for next summer. If I ever do so, it's gonna be something different I imagine.

Maybe a Hatoba Tsugu or an Iwakura Lain skin... I'll think about it.

See you next year hopefully! o7
- Mausaa / White Hare

PS: Malta (the dog found on this skin's folder) is the best dog ever ♡♡♡
Adrig3