forum

[Proposal] Increase visibility of mapping contests

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hivie
Currently, mapping contests are usually posted here, which can easily go unnoticed because of the sheer amount of other mapping-related posts here, which isn't ideal at all for contest hosts who are looking to increase traction for their contests.

I propose making the currently under-utilized osu! contest listing more accessible to the community by making people able to request access to it the same way they request badges: basically send an e-mail to tournaments@ppy.sh prior to the start of the tournament (your contest has to be at least 2nd iteration or more).

This would allow hosts to display their contests in a more dedicated place, while also providing them with a way to accept submissions reliably without having to rely on messy google forms and sheets.

I'm aware that https://mappersguild.com/contests/listing exists (thanks pishi) but some official recognition to community mapping contests would be amazing honestly.
Mafumafu
Strongly agree!

A sad fact is that the mapping community is much smaller so such contests usually did not get much attention and often overwhelmed by other topics in the forum. Maybe we can also assign a sub forum for contests that are beyond conventional playing tourneys as well, or incorporate mapping contest information in some news posts (since it is not realistic to have a news post for each contest/tourney)
wafer
sounds good
radar
seems COOL to me
[[[[[[
mapping contest sub-forum when
Shmiklak
agree
[[[[[[
bumping this for visablity, there's literally noone disagreeing with this proposal atm and seeing this proposal die like this is kidda sad
NekoTowel
I concur
SupaV
true, true, i agree
ClevelandsMyBro
+1
Randomness64
yep