forum

how to get other people to make difficulties for your beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hapukurk
yk like how sotarks maps always have reform and other mappers making difficulties to improve the odds of it getting ranked how do i get other people to create a difficulty in exchange for signing the difficulty with their name when i submit it?
WitherMite
you ask.

depends on who you ask how exactly you can convince them to map a guest difficulty for you.

You can create a post in mapping projects asking for GD's, but you're likely to get lower quality maps than if you were to convince someone you already know can make a quality map to make you a GD.

Personally I'd not bother with looking for GD's until you are certain that your diffs are of rankable quality (unless you just want to make a mapset with your friends of course). GD's don't improve chances of getting ranked, they only decrease the work you personally have to do to meet ranking criteria.
Zelzatter Zero
1. You can go to Beatmap Projects and create a thread for GD there for fast GDs. The downside is that there's not much guarantee in terms of map quality.

2. Simply use your social skills to meet more experienced mappers and then ask them for GDs. This way you won't have to worry if the diff ended up not satisfactory for you, but in the cost of more activity.

And yeah, as WitherMite said, while it does improve the odds of getting ranked, it's more to reduce work required in order for a rankable set, because even the set host themselves can make a full/rankable set w/out any GDs if they want to.