forum

Introduction and a few Questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DFTR_old
Saw a tip somewhere about improving your aim using Osu! and I decided to check it out.
I'm not good at FPS and don't have a sense of rhythm (never played any musical instruments), but I like that I've found a few of my favorite songs.
The game is fun so I'll see if it helps my aim.

I've given up on doing the Spinner though. Especially w/ a mouse, it's not just hard for me, it's just not fun. Can't think of a time in a match where I'd be spinning like that on purpose.

Anyway, is there a keyboard setting to pause the music after I play a round? I always have to back out and click on the stop/pause button in right upper top of screen. The music also keeps playing even if I alt-tab to another application.

I looked at the Shortcut Key reference, but F3 opens up collections/sorting rather than pausing music.

The other thing is there's a blue haired anime girl that pops into the screen from time to time; how can I get rid of her?

thanks!
Tekklorn
Hello and welcome to the forums, I can't help with the pausing music question you have but the girl that pops up is called a combo burst. In the options you can find an option to either have combo bursts on or off, turn it off and she should go away.
Nathanael
Hello there and welcome to the forums!

Q: Is there a keyboard setting to pause the music after I play a round?
A: Pressing escape while ingame may pause the game on solo. Its impossible to pause the game on multiplayer.
F3 was used to pause the music while at the main menu or at the multiplayer lobby.

Q: The other thing is there's a blue haired anime girl that pops into the screen from time to time; how can I get rid of her?
A: Go to the options and uncheck the combo bursts. (as Tekklorn said)
Looks like you're using another skin because Pippi (the default combo burst and the osu! mascot) is black haired.
Zalaria
First off, welcome to osu! and the forums! ^^ *adds to friends* And don't give up on spinners. Yes they are hard to do but with enough practice you will get better at them. Something that helps is to turn off the mouse precision so that your spins are smaller. Umm what else was I gonna say... I forget. Anywho, hope to see ya around in-game! :D
Topic Starter
DFTR_old
Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, the combo burst gets rid of the anime lady.

Funny thing is I started listening to Orange Range now that I've played their beginning beat map!
Nathanael
Well its good to see that you're having fun on your starting days.
If you have more questions to ask ingame, you may go at #help channel and some people will assist you there. ;)
vizzy
Welcome! Enjoy it here.
Kurogamii
welcome, please enjoy yourself and try to not abuse users in here :)
CsavarNat16
Welcome! :)
Lust
welcome!