forum

osu! Stream Speed (test your speed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

PouletFurtif wrote:

Sorry but that's awkward.
stream is an osu term for consecutive notes mapped to 1/4 (not limited to 1/4, but any consecutive amount of notes really)
the name is osu! stream speed
nearly every song is mapped to 1/4, and not 1/1

Do I need to explain this in french for you to understand?
PouletFurtif
BPM is is a musical term for Beats Per Minute.
What is written in the software is "Average BPM.." and "Current BPM...", not "stream speed" or something.

A lot of people think they are tapping 200 BPM while it's actually 800.

What's wrong with using words the way they are meant to ? Chill out and edit the wiki page mb : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Stream
Ishkiz

PouletFurtif wrote:

BPM is is a musical term for Beats Per Minute.
What is written in the software is "Average BPM.." and "Current BPM...", not "stream speed" or something.

What's wrong with using words the way they are meant to ? Chill out and edit the wiki page mb : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Stream
When somebody says they can stream 200bpm, they're referring to consecutive 1/4th notes at 200bpm. The wiki page agrees with this.

I don't see why a distinction in the stream speed program needs to be made that the bpm stated is, in fact, referring to streams - which are composed of 1/4 beats
I Give Up

PouletFurtif wrote:

bpm ≠ apm
-Ran Yakumo-
ZenithPhantasm
Plz dont necro.
Zaphod2
I managed to get exactly 20 clicks in a second with both hands.
Zenrac
404 Not Found. :(

Need a new link :)
baumoni
Link broken, please reupload
Zozimoto
Cant Download :( I'm Sure Tho I Stream More Than 100 BPM
ShinyUAX
Keep sucking at streaming. :( did start at 145 bpm 2 months ago and still at 150bpm.
Ingame I feel like getting a tiny bit better at streaming but my speed sucks...
Because of my low stream speed i cannot complete some 5-6* (or even some 4 star maps with high bpm long streams).
Any help in getting faster? Just playing more seems not to work for me.
KupcaH

ShinyUAX wrote:

Keep sucking at streaming. :( did start at 145 bpm 2 months ago and still at 150bpm.
Ingame I feel like getting a tiny bit better at streaming but my speed sucks...
Because of my low stream speed i cannot complete some 5-6* (or even some 4 star maps with high bpm long streams).
Any help in getting faster? Just playing more seems not to work for me.
4 star maps with high bpm long streams? Wtf.
Yes, there a magic wand, you need to take it in your hands and shake it three times saying, "I want to stream faster!". I think you can buy those from Gambler.

Of course there are no way in getting faster except streaming more. And don't play maps that are too hard for you. Play 4* maps and don't even look to 6*.
ShinyUAX
There are not a lot but few 4* with high bpm streams.
Playing 6* just for fun and try to pass them.
Like I said I do play lots of stream maps and so on. Can see improvement, but no improvement in speed.
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

And don't play maps that are too hard for you.
This is first step to not getting better unless you mean something like getting 10% too hard.

You need too push your limits all the time if you want to stream faster. You wont be able to stream 200BPM if all you play is 170BPM.

OT: cant stream faster than 220BPM without warmup :(
KupcaH
Imo, at his level (from his top plays) he shouldn't play 6* yet. I think he is just mashing them.
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

Imo, at his level (from his top plays) he shouldn't play 6* yet. I think he is just mashing them.
When it comes to streams I agree since you need 220BPM deathstreams to go above 6* mark

btw what can you tell from my top plays?
KupcaH
Your aim is bad? kappa
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

Your aim is bad? kappa
How so?
Alem
I'm left handed. I need to use mouse with right hand and keyboard with left hand. I suck using left hand for streamings and that's a problem for me..

Endie-

aleml wrote:

I'm left handed. I need to use mouse with right hand and keyboard with left hand. I suck using left hand for streamings and that's a problem for me..
Thats how I play buddy. You'll just need to practice
dGeist
I cant seem to be able to run it ( whole thing is a rar. file) in Windows 10. I have the latest java installed alrdy but cant seem to find the program to run it. Do you guys know where it is?
ron_mario
I think I have a world record for shittiest Unstable Rate...
munchychips
LeKekz

ron_mario wrote:

I think I have a world record for shittiest Unstable Rate...

KupcaH
I cannot press keys fast without seeing circles.
KtkC
Very useful utility thanks!

KupcaH wrote:

I cannot press keys fast without seeing circles.
I just tried this too, it sure does feel weird just trying to stream as consistently/quickly as I can with no visual feedback, odd :)

Also this program has a minor bug when using the mouse. It has to do with the text that shows up when you hit a key, if the left mouse button is still depressed as the right one depresses, the character printed will be the one corresponding to the left mouse button. Not that it matters ( I think? )

Also I have to turn the mouse sens way down because the mouse will drift when I start clickity-clackity-ing.

This is still neat practice! Started from 210bpm/281 unstable rate, and after a few dozen repeats, finally hit 225bpm/82. Now to make that reproducible on demand... While moving the mouse... As a newb, I think a goal of 225bpm is difficult but reachable...

on the other hand the best i could do on kb was 190 bpm at 90 unstable rate. RIP left wrist as well
neuronio
Cracento
z
Mortelspawn_
CrisDex
Help, I don't know how to run it D:
KupcaH

Ziggo wrote:

Q: How can I use this program?
A: Start the osuStreamSpeed.jar file. Change the keys to what you want to use and you are ready to go.

Q: It doesn't work. What should I do?
A: Make sure you have a recent version of Java Java installed on your PC. If it still doesn't work, please make a screenshot of the error message and post it here or send me a PM about it.
Ronja
i cant download this rip
MoMeMi
https://momo.s-ul.eu/BLkW37P0
i have one. try download
Remyria
easy totally didn't alternate with 2 hands
PizzaFox
It says it's a virus and won't let me download it. :(
zenged
If you just hold down x and z at the same time you can achieve around 900 bpm
xppenMatism
ITS Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl DONT DOWNLOAD THIS
PakaChan
fix your shit
Deusieus
lol it got detected as a virus fix your shit lmao
Topic Starter
Ziggo
I didn't change this for years, so if your pc suddenly detects this as malware then your anti-virus software is shit.
show more