forum

Aion: The Tower of Eternity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ivalset
It's probably going to be a big deal for a while.

North American site: http://na.aiononline.com/en/
European: http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/

Because people always ask for some reason, this game is pay to play.

Game comes out September 22nd, pre-ordering lets you start on the 20th, right now there are "beta" preview weekends where you can play for three days every two weeks on characters that will be wiped.

Main draws to the game:
  1. PvPvE (2 playable factions, one NPC faction that does whatever the fuck it wants/balances sides)
  2. 8 classes with pretty well defined roles
  3. Flight
  4. Pretty heavy emphasis on pvp, leaning towards group/mass pvp
  5. Crysis engine for you graphics fags
  6. Is a korean MMO
The two playable factions are the Elyos and the Asmodean.

The customization in this game is a bit limited as of now, in favor of balance. The main method of customization is via socketing Manastones into your gear, enhancing secondary stats such as HP, Critical Rate, Parry, Block, Magic Resistance. At level 20 you start getting Stigmas, which provide additional skills, such as Gladiators getting Dual Wielding, and Sorcerers turning people into trees.

Quick limited, generic class rundown in the most simplistic form possible with only a few class abilities highlighted:
  • Warriors (Plate armor, best physical damage mitigation)
  1. Gladiators - Melee DPS. Has some AOE attacks. Uses either Polearms or dualwielding(with stigma).
  2. Templars - Tank. Gets a stigma to pull enemies. Sword and shield.

Priests (Chain armor, decent physical damage mitigation)
  3. Cleric - Healing class. Mace and shield.
  4. Chanter - Support class. Mediocre at everything. Has mantras, which provide bonuses to group members in radius. Uses staves.

Scouts (Leather armor, +evasion, both can hide)
  5. Assassin - Melee DPS, wrecks shit. Gets advanced hide, kills things hard, very good at ganking. Dualwields some combination of daggers and swords that isn't sword/dagger.
  6. Ranger - Ranged DPS, they use bows. Awesome for group pvp. Can see advanced hide now! Even more useful.

Mages (Cloth armor, magical damage defense)
  7. Sorcerer - Ranged DPS, ruins people's shit all day every day. Spells are ridiculous and can kill quite a few classes in one combo. They use spellbooks.
  8. Spiritmaster - Pet class. Probably the best for solo PvE(until 40), annoying as fuck in group pvp. Plethora of debuffs/damage-over-time spells. They use orbs.
There's crafting, it's pretty expensive.

I'll edit this later with more information probably.
Wizard Of Orz
im usually a support/healing class in games but you made support sound gay. If i ever play ill pick spiritmaster. The game sounds pretty fun though
Topic Starter
Ivalset
Support is fun if you like support. Spiritmasters are control class pretty much.
Two_old
played chinese version and it's horrible

still holding out for Blade & Soul
lukewarmholiday
Sounds gay.

I'll keep using WoW for my MMO fix.

It has NINE classes :U
Pokebis

MMO and furries?
No thanks, bro.
lukewarmholiday
I'm pokebis I have retarded complaints
Topic Starter
Ivalset
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
more like gayon amirite
Zatoichi
more like hardon

for furries

I'll play Assassin if I pick this up.
lukewarmholiday

yeahno
Zatoichi
kuhjordon
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi
I'm lukewarmholiday my shower dial goes from cold to super chill.
lukewarmholiday

Zatoichi wrote:

I'm lukewarmholiday my shower dial goes from cold to super chill.
Custom installed
Atmey

Ivalset wrote:

1. Crysis engine for you graphics fags
I prefer Unreal engine, crysis might look better, unreal feel smoother.

Can I play it on trial now?
lukewarmholiday
Topic Starter
Ivalset
foulcoon
necroposting for endgame~

actually this game is making me rage because korean MMO = 10% grind, 90% luck for gear

http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/cha ... serverID=4