forum

I'm new to mapping, and i have some questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bot3CZ
1) My beatmap is missing genre and language tags, however, I don't know how to add them.
2) Mapset Verifier says my audio's bitrate is too low, is there anything I can do about that? (+The audio's format is not in Mp3)
3) once my beatmap followes all the rules, how do I even submit it? :D
I'm making a taiko map if it matters.
Petal
1. go into the editor and you'll find [song setup] on the top of your screen, click that and a new window should pop up, there under 'Tags' you may enter your song genre and language, tags are separated by a space, so if your song is an anime opening then probably just entering "anime japanese" or something along the lines of that should be fine.

2. there's nothing you can do about that with your current audio file, I recommend searching and downloading a better one. the recommended bitrate for audio files on osu is 192kbps. you can check that by right-clicking your audio file then by selecting 'Properties', then head over to 'Details' and under 'Audio' you should be able to see the audio bit rate of that file.

it is also recommended to use mp3 or ogg format for your audio file.

There is of course a lot more to just looking at the number of an audio file to determine if it is suitable for use, but I'll leave that out for now as it's not as important, you can learn more here.

3. Top left of the editor in your beatmap -> File -> Upload Beatmap.
Topic Starter
Bot3CZ
Thanks a lot!!
one more question, if I can't find the audio in better quality, can I still use the old one?
by the way, I have no idea why osu! recognizes the audio as .MF when it is literally an .MP3 file
THAT_otaku
If you got the mp3 from a non-official source it's likely encoded wrong/to .mf and renamed to .mp3. You'd likely have to re-encode it to an actual mp3. if its quality isnt high enough it only matters for ranked. Again if its from a non-official source, find an official source for it and it will very likely be high enough quality