forum

Very bad pain in right hand

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
togmea
Especially when trilling. I have no idea why this is the case, it's not like the maps are too hard since I usually stick to ones I can get at least 97% and it usually sets in only after a few of minutes of playing.
Gamesnake7
Take a break or play easier maps well below your comfort zone
pofnkul

Is this where the pain is?
Topic Starter
togmea
about dead center
pofnkul

hold for 30 seconds on each hand

do before each session
mystV
go on a hiatus. once the problem resolvez, u will get a major skillboost
Topic Starter
togmea

pofnkul wrote:

hold for 30 seconds on each hand

do before each session
doesn't really help tbh

happens around here
pofnkul
that sounds like something you might wanna see a doctor for.

otherwise just take a break.
Topic Starter
togmea
I found tapping lighter in general helps avoid it, I probably just need to downrate for a while to adjust to my new laptop.
pofnkul
that doesn't seem like a permanent solution. If your gonna keep playing just be very careful with ur play and don't overextend urself
Hoshimegu Mio
I think it's because of your muscles tensing up too badly. Do you for some reason have your ring finger and your pinkie lifted up really dramatically?
Topic Starter
togmea

YyottaCat wrote:

I think it's because of your muscles tensing up too badly. Do you for some reason have your ring finger and your pinkie lifted up really dramatically?
That actually does happen a lot, I guess symptoms are finally manifesting now that I'm playing more intense maps. But tapping lightly does avoid it it seems.
Hoshimegu Mio

togmea wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

That actually does happen a lot, I guess symptoms are finally manifesting now that I'm playing more intense maps. But tapping lightly does avoid it it seems.
That's not a permanent solution, as pofnkul has stated. You have to learn how to prevent your fingers from doing this if it hurts you. Personally I've achieved this by playing multi-key, but well everyone has their own ways.
TheAngryNerd101

YyottaCat wrote:

That's not a permanent solution, as pofnkul has stated. You have to learn how to prevent your fingers from doing this if it hurts you. Personally I've achieved this by playing multi-key, but well everyone has their own ways.
I found playing multi-key also helps me with this. It forces me to keep my ring and pinky fingers down and after a few months of learning 7k my hand position has changed and I no longer lift them. Though like you said, everyone has their own ways of solving the problem.

Anyways @togmea, I highly suggest just taking a break. The worst thing you can do right now is force yourself to play in spite of the pain. Pain usually means that there is something wrong so you're body is warning you and trying to keep you from doing activities that could damage it. If you keep this up, you run the risk of causing permanent/irreversible damage to your hands and fingers.
Take a break. You might lose some rank but trust me, it's better for you in the long run; and when you return, you can gain it back once the pain is gone. Make sure to take breaks from the game and try not to make your sessions too long. Take 1 to 3 days off a week.

Also, it sounds to me that when starting sessions, you dive right into doing tougher maps. Don't do this, it might work for some people but for others it doesn't. It's best if you warm up first by starting your sessions with easier maps that aren't too strenuous on your hands and fingers. Just like an athlete doing stretches and warming up for a game or hard exercise session, you should do the same with mania and try not to cause too much strain on them. Your hands and fingers aren't naturally designed for this type of exercise, so be careful.