Darksonic
whats wrong with dispel
Zare
moo
Andrea
Dear God, stop complaining about everything guys. xD
Chewu

silmarilen wrote:

i dont really see the problem? i could sightread it just fine.
kinda weird that skystar maps are ok but this isnt?
Its not about difficulty, its about a mapping error that got noticed too late after ranking for the map to get unranked and fixed.
Zare

Chewu wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

i dont really see the problem? i could sightread it just fine.
kinda weird that skystar maps are ok but this isnt?
Its not about difficulty, its about a mapping error that got noticed too late after ranking for the map to get unranked and fixed.
qft
Topic Starter
Loctav
It's not like you can't practice the maps beforehand....
Alumetorz
omg, pavor nocturnus in freemod pool and we're out of the tournament. I'm so sad...
Mismagius

Loctav wrote:

It's not like you can actually take a deep look at the maps before choosing them..
Also, it's not like you can actually listen to the people complaining instead of giving them vague answers and just ignore.
jesse1412

Loctav wrote:

Let's pick mtmcl maps then. There's nothing wrong with mtmcl maps you can just practice them right..?
silmarilen
they did that in owc1
Zare
What's even the issue with exchanging it?
Deep Sea was swapped before, now this should be too, for, in my opinion, obvious reasons. You can't just pick downright broken maps for an official tournament and then expect the players to adapt to it
Aqo
why wasn't egoism [nold] picked
Pagliaccio
yay i see your ass in fire
/me runs
Darksonic
Why would you waste your time on making a troll pool?
Ciunek
I don't think it took him much time. He probably just picked some random maps out of nowhere and set them to random categories.
AmaiHachimitsu
aka stop complaining, do it better
I think I would do it better.

At least I'd devote several hours picking those maps and asked some players for advice.

#edit:

Played all the maps.

tutuhaha again shows that she deserves the title: worst mapper of the year. Children Record beats Saten's Kokou no Sousei in terms of being total shit <clap> <clap> <clap>

From NoMods Disconnected Hardkore shouldn't even be ranked.

HardRock bracket ok apart from strange streams in Cendrillion.

DT is meh, but no complaints this time. Just don't like the maps, but are ok for the owc.

I said enough about Dispel earlier, pls unrank this.

I was wondering why ppl wanted Ivaltek nomod so much. Seems like the AR was the only reason since the map isn't good at all. But well, freemod is ok.
Darksonic
Don't blame me, since this time I almost didn't pick any map of this mappool :P, I was planning to do it on Sunday though but when I woke up it was released already, so meh.
Cygnus
Still can't get over Japan's lost. Awwwwww

But anyway, go POLAND!!
Almost

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I think I would do it better.
I vote AmaiHachimitsu for map selector next year.
Moonpower

Darksonic wrote:

Don't blame me, since this time I almost didn't pick any map of this mappool :P, I was planning to do it on Sunday though but when I woke up it was released already, so meh.
Then prepare it for next week, don't do it just a few hours in advance. And this also proves there is zero communication between the map selectors, I thought you'd be selecting them together.
AmaiHachimitsu
I vote AmaiHachimitsu for map selector next year.
If it wasn't for the unability to participate in the tournament, I'd take on this job :)
Wishy
Blame me. I've been afk since group stage. :(
Zare
prepare mapsets in advance, before the tournament starts, then you can afk as much as you want \:D/
Topic Starter
Loctav

Wishy wrote:

Blame me. I've been afk since group stage. :(
Yeh. Shame on you!
jesse1412

YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssss.
Darksonic

Moonpower wrote:

Then prepare it for next week, don't do it just a few hours in advance. And this also proves there is zero communication between the map selectors, I thought you'd be selecting them together.
Not enough time, I have my reasons.
Frostmourne

jesus1412 wrote:

YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssss.
dat 69
AmaiHachimitsu
Wishy I blame you.
Liiraye
No this is peppys fault. I blame him.
buny
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Just Awake (gowww) [Insane]
#2: no-mod
#3: hidden
#4: hardrock
#5: doubletime???

pretty intense, didn't expect UK to get that far.
fartownik
Ok, I didn't want this to end up here, but I can't seem to find any place for it anymore. Loctav isn't answering my PMs, perhaps he will read this.

I asked Loctav for a postpone of our match, because of Poland's inability to play on the next weekend. Obviously my request got rejected, even though the match is a semi-final and the organizers should do everything in their power to get the strongest rosters of all the teams into the game.

Ok, I gave up my hopes for a match during the week/next weekend. Loctav said he's planning the matches to be played on the next Sunday (I was talking with him Sunday evening, before releasing the schedule). Surprisingly next day I found out our match was put on Saturday, without our knowledge, and Saturday is the day when 3 of our players can't even be online at. I asked him immediately to put our match on Sunday (via forum PM), didn't get any response. I asked him again that evening when he was online, replying me that he can't change the schedule anymore, because 3 of 4 teams have agreed on Saturday, so why would he make an exception for 1 remaining team?. Yeah, sounds fucking stupid, right? Especially when we were not noticed the match was going to be moved from Sunday to Saturday.

This is obviously not the best part. The other mighty argument of Loctav was that Taiwan couldn't play at Sunday. So I decided to talk with the Taiwan's captain, Uan, privately to sort things out and find the best option for both of the teams so our best rosters face each other. After some time talking, Uan agreed on Sunday (I'm very thankful for that, I know they also don't have much freetime during the weekend). The only thing is that Loctav didn't agree on postponing the match even after both teams agreed on a fitting time. He replied to Rucker with such statement, but not to me (I PM'd him 1 minute after Rucker, PMing him in-game right now for ~3 hours as well), thus I write it here because I don't know where else.

Now my question, is this even fair? Should the organizers be so damn strict about the times at all costs during the semi-finals, even if it means a team losing with a walkover or playing with backups only? My trying to postpone this match is going on for 3 days, and I haven't been supported by the staff anyhow, not one fucking bit.

I hope for some positive reaction and support from others, I don't know where should I aim at anymore. I want the match to be as good as possible and the result as accurate.
Doomsday
If both teams agreed to the change, then I agree that the change should go ahead, pending confirmation on commentator / streamer availability. Just my two cents
silmarilen
remeber last year's match for 3rd place?
oh yeah, there wasnt one, because they didnt allow a postpone of the match so we could have 4 people online.
it sucks that they wont allow you to play with your best team, but at least you get to play.
fartownik
Well, if the match is not postponed then I guess we will play it on Sunday without the stream, if that's the huge problem of the staff members. I only hope Taiwan agrees on this.

edit: the accurate result is more important than having the match streamed, imo
fartownik

silmarilen wrote:

remeber last year's match for 3rd place?
oh yeah, there wasnt one, because they didnt allow a postpone of the match so we could have 4 people online.
it sucks that they wont allow you to play with your best team, but at least you get to play.
Also I'm writing here to avoid such situation, because it's the wrong way out of it.
AmaiHachimitsu
As to clear out how we were fooled by Loctie (1st of farto's long paragraphs).

Basically, we were waiting for the schedule peacefully because Loctav said the matches would be on Sunday. And then suddenly fk Poland, Saturday, without notifying us. And since it was already scheduled, we couldn't change it.

"I've changed my mind"

This <3 much

I'd like to know why can't we postpone the match even though Taiwan (<3) agreed on this. Some logical reason.

Just don't say again that "you have life" and we - always playing nerds - have to subjugate to unfitting time at your whim.

Also, what would be the problem with postponing it next week, for example? And move the finals as well?

I don't know what's going on in your mind Loctav, but you act like you were so offended by farto's insults (I don't know what kind of, but it's not important) and just want revenge. And in the end you will have a crappy match (or walkover) with substitute roster and lot of flame towards you and the whole organization.

For whom does the tournament exist? Answers may be various but I guess it's not for the organizers only.

I'd like Peppy to say something about this issue. And I beg for support from other countries, be it players or simple spectators. I'm pretty sure you all want to watch a good match rather than shit 5:0 in 20 minutes because some guy didn't like to have the match on Sunday.

Waiting for your reasoning.
eldnl
if both teams agreed why not
show more