forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
ToGlette
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/2662493

Korea 4 - 2 Chile

It had to be 2v2 cuz we didn't have any solution beside this to fill the 12 hours time gap

Godly played by Chile, you guys were awesome.

and the best part...

-Ryosuke

ToGlette wrote:

Korea 4 - 2 Chile

It had to be 2v2 cuz we didn't have any solution beside this to fill the 12 hours time gap

and the best part...

Like if we weren't :'(
ToGlette

-Kamui- wrote:

ToGlette wrote:

Korea 4 - 2 Chile

and the best part...

I love French team as well XD GO GO CAPTAIN -KAMUI-!
Cyclohexane
I am so exhausted. So many great matches, so much commentating, I'm dying here :p

Congrats to all the teams that are going on to the knockout stage, and great game to all the participants!

And of course, congrats to my French team who managed to pull off the impossible and move on to knockout stage! Grats, guys!
Kynan

-Kamui- wrote:

France best DT meh :3
pielak213

Loctav wrote:

[*]Statistics Sheet
i can't seem to access this
i want to see which higher seed france kicked out
Liiraye

Pizzicato wrote:

group A is really full of plot twists

Austria OP team

Great match and lots of fun! China got lucky huehheu

Omgforz
Because of our win against Sweden I'm gonna buy some swedish food.
Liiraye
Swedish meatballs?
CXu
I am now Austria fan.
ToGlette

pielak213 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

[*]Statistics Sheet
i can't seem to access this
i want to see which higher seed france kicked out
It's Norway XD
CXu
^Sosad :(
Soarezi

Liiraye wrote:

Swedish meatballs?
KÖTTBULLARN
Cyclohexane
Shout out to Norway though, I'm pretty sad to see them not advance in knockout stage but you guys have nothing to regret, you did really well and I'm sure you'll be back next year with a revenge :p
Topic Starter
Loctav
Schedule and Mappool released. Please check out. Sending PMs now
Aqo
lol map pool nice maps nobody will FC anything from this pool except for BSPower Explosion because you selected the wrong difficulty; why pick a sub-sub-diff from this mapset when even the [Extra] is easier than half the other maps in this map pool?

wasn't Kodoku Egoism already in owc last year? why not pick nold or yuko diff this time? right now it's easiest map of the pool (along with gypsy tronic. won't it be more interesting with gypsy HD and illumniscape extra nomod instead of zzzanother hd?)
AmaiHachimitsu
I Agree!
Pizzicato

Liiraye wrote:

China got lucky huehheu
right. >‿>
gotta agree tho austria's the strongest team on group A omgforz and Alu are gods orz
Ziggo
Good map pool. I really like how the free mod bracket is easier this time, so teams might actually benefit from using mods. The Double Time bracket seems to be quite a bit harder than the other brackets, but maybe that's just me.
jesse1412
Why is the statistics sheet locked.
Rori Vidi Veni

jesus1412 wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/211 ... erview.htm
(hosted by Marcin)
Topic Starter
Loctav

jesus1412 wrote:

Will be unlocked when updated

Added Temp solution to OP: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/211 ... erview.htm

Last term mappool changes. Please check them out
jesse1412

Kuruku-san wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/211 ... erview.htm
(hosted by Marcin)
Thank you.

EDIT:

DT map for the tiebreaker and no freemod dt : (

If all players agree to dt the tiebreaker can we go through with DT as the freemod pick? (This won't happen, just curious.)
Omgforz
Is it possible to change the schedule for latvia vs austria? To like friday evening or sunday after poland.

We don't want to miss Alumetorz because of some random serbian festival. D:

(Did my post just got deleted? I'm sure I already posted this)
Topic Starter
Loctav

Omgforz wrote:

Is it possible to change the schedule for latvia vs austria? To like friday evening or sunday after poland.

We don't want to miss Alumetorz because of some random serbian festival. D:

(Did my post just got deleted? I'm sure I already posted this)
Unfortunately I can not change the schedule anymore.
We might find an exceptional solution, if you ask the Latvian captain beforehand, but actually I am not willed to reschedule the match, because everyone would want a reschedule then.
Callum
RIP Team Canada
zozozofun
Why are the maps for this pool the same difficulity if not easier than the group stage ones?
Darksonic

zozozofun wrote:

Why are the maps for this pool the same difficulity if not easier than the group stage ones?
?
zozozofun

Darksonic wrote:

zozozofun wrote:

?
These maps are easier (to me at least) than the ones in the Group Stage.
ethox
Sick FreeMod pool guys, I love it. :!:

Also people who complain about the differences in overall map difficulty of the pool, consider that it is the knockout stages right now, bo9, so strategic map picking and studying the players is even more important right now. Just don't disappoint me with the final map pool.

I had more fun this year than the previous, it is improving even though I could not play on the deciding match against Russia :( so sad

Good luck to the teams who moved through the group stage!

XSRSBSNS #1!
FlyingKiwi
When's United States vs New Zealand? Not doing it?
Andrea
Dropped match: United States vs New Zealand (4:0)

Guess that's gonna end like that.
shortpotato

Andrea wrote:

Dropped match: United States vs New Zealand (4:0)

Guess that's gonna end like that.
no pls :X
Gangsterkill
Japan vs. Netherlands.

Well there goes my dream :( RIP
Xytox

Omgforz wrote:

I hope you did.

As for that Austria match, it was one of my most enjoyable moments so far when it comes to osu. I had so much fun playing against your team, and the chit chat in the multi lobby was just amazing. After finding out how fun it was to talk to you, I didn't really care anymore whether we got knocked out or not.

I'll definitely be cheering for you guys. :)
Liiraye

Xytox wrote:

Omgforz wrote:

I hope you did.

As for that Austria match, it was one of my most enjoyable moments so far when it comes to osu. I had so much fun playing against your team, and the chit chat in the multi lobby was just amazing. After finding out how fun it was to talk to you, I didn't really care anymore whether we got knocked out or not.

I'll definitely be cheering for you guys. :)

GAAAAAAAAAY
Omgforz
I ate some swedish meatballs as breakfast.

Now Alumetorz has to deal with my bad breath in school for 6 hours.
huehuehue

And I thought every team was like us. OWC is no fun without stupid chitchat between matches. D:
Nyanjolno

Loctav wrote:

Hong Kong 4 - 0 Indonesia
actually it's 4 - 1 not 4 - 0
Topic Starter
Loctav
AmaiHachimitsu
Also,

Thanks peppy (I guess) for muting our warm-up map in which the only offensive phrase is "kurwa mac" which is the same as "fuck", "shit", "damn" said to yourself and it can't possibly offend anyone. It's funny when you think about all those maps of songs about giant penises and orgasms being ranked and no prob playing it during stream.

Thanks to all our opponents during group stage, it was one hell of a fun for a first-timer like me and few other players in Polish team. Wish us luck and let's meet again!

Time to conquer Paris, Kamui <3
show more