forum

Mapping own composition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EpicPuppy613
Recently, I've been working on a lot of music composition stuff and had the idea to map a chart with one of my own songs. Does anyone know of any maps where the mapper has mapped their own composition because I'm curious to see what it would look like and to take inspiration.
August
Eni
Personally I love when mappers map their own music, however you should note that composing music and creating beatmaps are 2 different skill sets. You can rank maps on osu! without knowing anything about music theory. Similarly, you can be an expert in music but lack mapping experience.

One example is xiediacee's Time-Skip-Pass, however as you can see it's a new mapper map. In general, a map where the mapper was the composer won't look much different than any other map, since there are other more significant factors (such as song genre, BPM, mapping expertise, etc.) that influence the outcome of a map.
lewski
happy30 - As the wind blows

I agree with everything Railgun said

I also don't understand what kind of inspiration you're looking for here. There's nothing inherently special about mapping a song you made yourself, so the maps don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. If you want maps to reference, you're much better off just looking for maps of the same genre of music as the song you want to map, regardless of who composed the songs.
i am very gay
Florescence
tieff, la cataline, matrix, nakagawakanon, happy30, shadren
II-L is also getting there