forum

I was able to play 4* but now I can only play 2* with semi-fast scroll speeds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SolarNight
Yo so I was able to play 4* maps but I took a month break from video games since finals and stuff, after finals ended I was able to play osu again but I am so bad rn. I can still read the 4* maps but I don't have the reflexes to do the inputs and I would usually get like 100 every input. Any tips?
DeltaNami
You're experiencing rust. It happens when you take a break from the game and you perform less well than you usually do. The only way to derust is to keep playing and work your way back up to your previous skill level.

I would also recommend that you work on your accuracy as well, as your overall acc is fairly low. Aim to get some S ranks in your top plays and maybe raise that overall to at least 93-94 for the moment. That'll help you improve on and maintain your fundamentals in the future.
Topic Starter
SolarNight

Delta386 wrote:

You're experiencing rust. It happens when you take a break from the game and you perform less well than you usually do. The only way to derust is to keep playing and work your way back up to your previous skill level.

I would also recommend that you work on your accuracy as well, as your overall acc is fairly low. Aim to get some S ranks in your top plays and maybe raise that overall to at least 93-94 for the moment. That'll help you improve on and maintain your fundamentals in the future.
Alright thank you!
bananahira

SolarNight wrote:

Yo so I was able to play 4* maps but I took a month break from video games since finals and stuff, after finals ended I was able to play osu again but I am so bad rn. I can still read the 4* maps but I don't have the reflexes to do the inputs and I would usually get like 100 every input. Any tips?
start slow, play maps you already know and build consistency on 3.5* - 3.9* maps
don't forget to warmup at least for 10 minutes your hands before playing