forum

for 6 star and above

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dracobuster
So I hit a point where I can decently full alt on normal songs that are like 180 bpm or less and have simple patterns like some that might have a stream of notes with a quick triple in there or something. I'm at a wall where i'm looking like slightly ahead of the hit area, but not the middle of the screen and also trying to count in my head to keep rhythm, basically trying anything I can to improve. Are there any outside techniques that help reach 7 star+ that's not just play better? Something people do to keep high accuracy even in the trickiest sections of a song.
Tedward765
its hard to find things to improve, this is just what I did to learn harder maps. I would just occasionally spend some time on maps that contain patterns that I know I can't play or reliably read and this would be something I do on the side as part of my normal session of playing because obviously playing stuff thats too hard all the time is not really going to help you improve.

considering your top play is still 5 stars you should really focus on getting an FC that is low 6 stars gradually work from there, I mean its not like you're going to randomly learn how to play above 7 stars just by jumping straight into them.
megalovania lol
I'd suggest going to high bpm maps which are 6-7 stars considering your level, then, use Halftime (May result as ht depending on your skin) on the said maps. Thus will result in you getting able to practice on new patterns with manageable bpm as well as less accuracy required. However, do NOT just play halftime, i have done that before and in result whenever i tried to play higher bpm than usual or anything without the mod, I would get extremely low accuracy, so balance the use of it.
Eventually, while practicing both no mod (along with other mod obliviously if you use them) and halftime, You will pass up to 6 stars level, If you still can't do them after practicing, start with some easy 6 stars such as Period and move up gradually. You can also attempt to halftime 8 stars for a harder challenge if you feel bored while practicing out.
In case you feel like your bpm reading skill lowered too much by using halftime, use doubltime on 2-3 stars maps for the day in order to manually regain some bpm (It worked for me, at least).
Additional note: If you feel like the song is already slow enough at 6+ star level, try using Easy (May result as Ez depending on your skin) instead.