forum

can ranked maps get unranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MisterNewbie
if so, can you unrank xeroa plss
[[[[[[
yes, ranked maps can be unranked if there's a major mistake founded within ~7 days (it could be an unrankable or a wrongly snapped object) but a map can't be unranked after that

also xeroa is good and if you don't agree i Will yell at you
lewski
top 10 funniest forum posts
Topic Starter
MisterNewbie

lewski wrote:

😱
[[[[[[

lewski wrote:

no way i was here
-byeol-
another 6 digit complaining about maps they cant pass :p

also yes, some aspire maps were moved from rank to loved before
abraker

dPeace wrote:

yes, ranked maps can be ranked if there's a major mistake founded within ~7 days (it could be an unrankable or a wrongly snapped object) but a map can't be unranked after that

within 7 days the map is in the qualified section not ranked

Ranked maps are very rarely deranked. Last time map(s) were deranked were a few months ago due to notes being unsnapped. Somehow that was not found during the days the map was in qualified. One of BNs who nominated the map got booted out.
sxnshine2020

MisterNewbie wrote:

if so, can you unrank xeroa plss
never Xeroa is the best beatmap in all osu
DeletedUser_13957006

abraker wrote:

Last time map(s) were deranked were a few months ago due to notes being unsnapped. Somehow that was not found during the days the map was in qualified. One of BNs who nominated the map got booted out.
which map was it? i remember never alone getting unranked but both of the bns who qualified the map are still there
[[[[[[

abraker wrote:

dPeace wrote:

yes, ranked maps can be ranked if there's a major mistake founded within ~7 days (it could be an unrankable or a wrongly snapped object) but a map can't be unranked after that

Ranked maps are very rarely deranked. Last time map(s) were deranked were a few months ago due to notes being unsnapped. Somehow that was not found during the days the map was in qualified. One of BNs who nominated the map got booted out.
i read somewhere that the soft cap for unranking is 7 days D:
TheKingHenry

dPeace wrote:

abraker wrote:

dPeace wrote:

i read somewhere that the soft cap for unranking is 7 days D:
I don't know if there's soft cap or any kind of cap for it (though there could be, at least arbitrary), but basically the longer map is in ranked, the less likely it is to be unranked due to the impact of the unranking getting ever larger (more scores etc.). Typically this means maps will only get unranked within few days of ranking, if sufficiently glaring issues are found (such as various unsnaps or missnaps like 1/2 as 1/4 that have huge effect on gameplay)
MrMcMikey22
flashback of pishifat getting one of his ranked maps unranked, becuz he made a mistake at October 2015 or something idk of him accidentaly timing the 3 one quarter of a tick too early or something idk..(it was on a blue tick O_O) aND yES i watch his vids unfortunately he doesn't make any more vids (W H H Y Y Y Y hi i exist bye Y?)
Zawajiro

dPeace wrote:

"yes, ranked maps can be ranked"
[[[[[[

Zawajiro wrote:

dPeace wrote:

"yes, ranked maps can be ranked"
Wait xdddd
DeletedUser_13957006

dPeace wrote:

yes, unranked maps can be ranked
dude
startone

Aiq wrote:

dPeace wrote:

yes, unranked maps can be ranked
dude